10 or 11 tooth?
10 or 11 tooth?
Does a Lucas Bendix 10-tooth starter motor fit a petrol Lightweight, or does it have to be 11-tooth version?
Re: 10 or 11 tooth?
I can't answer your question definately, but as you haven't yet had a more knowledgable reply I will chuck my tuppenceworth in: -
I would assume that there will be a difference in diameter and tooth spacing between the two. Chances are; that means it won't mesh properly with the teeth on the ring-gear.
It might work, but probably better hunting the correct starter down.
I would assume that there will be a difference in diameter and tooth spacing between the two. Chances are; that means it won't mesh properly with the teeth on the ring-gear.
It might work, but probably better hunting the correct starter down.
"I'm sorry for the man who hears the pipes, and who wisnae born in Scotland."
Re: 10 or 11 tooth?
Just what I wondered, and happily have managed to patiently rebuild another old 11-toothed stater motor among my spares - and it works!
(ps - aye, the sight and sound of the pipes and drums at our annual Lonach Games in Aberdeenshire is a magical experience.)
(ps - aye, the sight and sound of the pipes and drums at our annual Lonach Games in Aberdeenshire is a magical experience.)