lightweight v8 project

Tell us about any of your Land Rover related projects here.
User avatar
AR4412
Maître Pâtissier
Posts: 8934
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:31 am
Location: Bedford

Re: lightweight v8 project

Post by AR4412 » Thu Nov 21, 2024 8:09 am

All looking good. Carefull you don't bounce with the pop rivetter when putting all the galvanised bits back on.

Regards,
For Those That Have Had To Fight for It, Life Has Truly A Flavour The Protected Will Never Know.

'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'

Neil.

09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.

Callum123
Posts: 322
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:02 pm

Re: lightweight v8 project

Post by Callum123 » Thu Nov 21, 2024 9:59 pm

Yes thanks for the advise I’ll take my time on that one. I can’t wait to see it all back together

User avatar
AR4412
Maître Pâtissier
Posts: 8934
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:31 am
Location: Bedford

Re: lightweight v8 project

Post by AR4412 » Fri Nov 22, 2024 8:01 am

It's easily done when using a lazy tong rivetter. I managed to bounce one off the side of a customers Defender when putting it all back together after a full chassis swap rebuild and body repaint. Repaired the air rivetter pretty soon after that.

Regards,
For Those That Have Had To Fight for It, Life Has Truly A Flavour The Protected Will Never Know.

'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'

Neil.

09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.

will howlett
Posts: 81
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:51 pm

Re: lightweight v8 project

Post by will howlett » Sun Nov 24, 2024 12:30 pm

That is some paint job, just like the the one I did but you are missing the runs, sags, orange peel and missing bits :lol:
Wood in the tub floor sounds really nice, especially against the colour you have used.
Regards, Will.

Callum123
Posts: 322
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:02 pm

Re: lightweight v8 project

Post by Callum123 » Tue Dec 03, 2024 7:19 pm

🤣🤣🤣 thanks will it’s getting there now! I can’t believe how long I’ve actually been at it! The Mrs calls it the most expensive ornament I’ve ever had 🤣

Callum123
Posts: 322
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:02 pm

Re: lightweight v8 project

Post by Callum123 » Tue Dec 03, 2024 7:21 pm

Got the rear tub bolted down today! I’m aiming to get it bolted together for Xmas, then it’s off to a specialist Land Rover mechanic to flip the cam 180 I believe it’s not right! (I bought the engine without seeing it run) school boy error
Attachments
8cbf0485-37ba-40d3-a4ad-9fae46c40a46.jpeg
8cbf0485-37ba-40d3-a4ad-9fae46c40a46.jpeg (430.76 KiB) Viewed 4448 times
c92e17aa-7a96-4a09-93a3-867af47fc470.jpeg
c92e17aa-7a96-4a09-93a3-867af47fc470.jpeg (427.65 KiB) Viewed 4448 times
b7c51fcf-cb3a-4f0b-ad56-62d8c9348c26.jpeg
b7c51fcf-cb3a-4f0b-ad56-62d8c9348c26.jpeg (359.16 KiB) Viewed 4448 times
0049441b-492f-4cac-9b05-5a2a70dae2ed.jpeg
0049441b-492f-4cac-9b05-5a2a70dae2ed.jpeg (314.57 KiB) Viewed 4448 times

User avatar
AR4412
Maître Pâtissier
Posts: 8934
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:31 am
Location: Bedford

Re: lightweight v8 project

Post by AR4412 » Wed Dec 04, 2024 12:25 pm

Looking good. :D

Regards,
For Those That Have Had To Fight for It, Life Has Truly A Flavour The Protected Will Never Know.

'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'

Neil.

09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.

Callum123
Posts: 322
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:02 pm

Re: lightweight v8 project

Post by Callum123 » Fri Dec 06, 2024 7:07 am

So Iast night I started riveting some of the galvanised piece on! Missing a few bits I need to try locate, it’s been a good while since I’ve seen them which is slightly worrying. Unfortunately the paints been nicked here and there over the years so me an my friend Simon, mainly all Simon are going to do a few touch ups next week
Attachments
IMG_8595.jpeg
IMG_8595.jpeg (2.42 MiB) Viewed 4428 times
IMG_8592.jpeg
IMG_8592.jpeg (2.75 MiB) Viewed 4428 times
IMG_8596.jpeg
IMG_8596.jpeg (3.81 MiB) Viewed 4428 times

Callum123
Posts: 322
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:02 pm

Re: lightweight v8 project

Post by Callum123 » Fri Dec 06, 2024 7:09 am

Oh and I came up against a bit of a brain teaser with regards to the tail gate :?
Attachments
2fda6546-4ea0-4f74-b3e5-f50dec2d334a.jpeg
2fda6546-4ea0-4f74-b3e5-f50dec2d334a.jpeg (909.47 KiB) Viewed 4428 times

Callum123
Posts: 322
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:02 pm

Re: lightweight v8 project

Post by Callum123 » Mon Dec 09, 2024 9:17 pm

Lots going on today big push before Christmas!
Attachments
IMG_8707.jpeg
IMG_8707.jpeg (2.32 MiB) Viewed 4397 times
IMG_8710.jpeg
IMG_8710.jpeg (3.71 MiB) Viewed 4397 times
IMG_8709.jpeg
IMG_8709.jpeg (2.32 MiB) Viewed 4397 times
IMG_8712.jpeg
IMG_8712.jpeg (1.67 MiB) Viewed 4397 times

Post Reply