lightweight v8 project
Re: lightweight v8 project
All looking good. Carefull you don't bounce with the pop rivetter when putting all the galvanised bits back on.
Regards,
Regards,
For Those That Have Had To Fight for It, Life Has Truly A Flavour The Protected Will Never Know.
'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'
Neil.
09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.
'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'
Neil.
09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.
Re: lightweight v8 project
Yes thanks for the advise I’ll take my time on that one. I can’t wait to see it all back together
Re: lightweight v8 project
It's easily done when using a lazy tong rivetter. I managed to bounce one off the side of a customers Defender when putting it all back together after a full chassis swap rebuild and body repaint. Repaired the air rivetter pretty soon after that.
Regards,
Regards,
For Those That Have Had To Fight for It, Life Has Truly A Flavour The Protected Will Never Know.
'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'
Neil.
09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.
'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'
Neil.
09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.
-
will howlett
- Posts: 81
- Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:51 pm
Re: lightweight v8 project
That is some paint job, just like the the one I did but you are missing the runs, sags, orange peel and missing bits
Wood in the tub floor sounds really nice, especially against the colour you have used.
Regards, Will.
Wood in the tub floor sounds really nice, especially against the colour you have used.
Regards, Will.
Re: lightweight v8 project
Re: lightweight v8 project
Got the rear tub bolted down today! I’m aiming to get it bolted together for Xmas, then it’s off to a specialist Land Rover mechanic to flip the cam 180 I believe it’s not right! (I bought the engine without seeing it run) school boy error
- Attachments
-
- 8cbf0485-37ba-40d3-a4ad-9fae46c40a46.jpeg (430.76 KiB) Viewed 4449 times
-
- c92e17aa-7a96-4a09-93a3-867af47fc470.jpeg (427.65 KiB) Viewed 4449 times
-
- b7c51fcf-cb3a-4f0b-ad56-62d8c9348c26.jpeg (359.16 KiB) Viewed 4449 times
-
- 0049441b-492f-4cac-9b05-5a2a70dae2ed.jpeg (314.57 KiB) Viewed 4449 times
Re: lightweight v8 project
Looking good.
Regards,
Regards,
For Those That Have Had To Fight for It, Life Has Truly A Flavour The Protected Will Never Know.
'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'
Neil.
09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.
'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'
Neil.
09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.
Re: lightweight v8 project
So Iast night I started riveting some of the galvanised piece on! Missing a few bits I need to try locate, it’s been a good while since I’ve seen them which is slightly worrying. Unfortunately the paints been nicked here and there over the years so me an my friend Simon, mainly all Simon are going to do a few touch ups next week
- Attachments
-
- IMG_8595.jpeg (2.42 MiB) Viewed 4429 times
-
- IMG_8592.jpeg (2.75 MiB) Viewed 4429 times
-
- IMG_8596.jpeg (3.81 MiB) Viewed 4429 times
Re: lightweight v8 project
Oh and I came up against a bit of a brain teaser with regards to the tail gate 
- Attachments
-
- 2fda6546-4ea0-4f74-b3e5-f50dec2d334a.jpeg (909.47 KiB) Viewed 4429 times
Re: lightweight v8 project
Lots going on today big push before Christmas!
- Attachments
-
- IMG_8707.jpeg (2.32 MiB) Viewed 4398 times
-
- IMG_8710.jpeg (3.71 MiB) Viewed 4398 times
-
- IMG_8709.jpeg (2.32 MiB) Viewed 4398 times
-
- IMG_8712.jpeg (1.67 MiB) Viewed 4398 times