Lightweight S2A 1968 Almost There!

Tell us about any of your Land Rover related projects here.
JacobConstable
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon May 15, 2023 5:19 pm

Lightweight S2A 1968 Almost There!

Post by JacobConstable » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:44 am

Hello everyone, jake here. for the past year and a half I've been working on my lightweight in my spare time. I just wanted to show you guys at what stage It's at. This is the first car I've ever restored and since I live in italy I have alot of trouble sourcing spare parts so I just ended up fixing the old ones in most cases or fabricating new parts where possible out of aluminium sheet metal. It's been great fun, and I feel like I've gained a bunch of knowledge and wouldnt mind doing up another one at a further date. anyway ill leave some photos of It here. Please bare in mind that I've had no help and it's all been done in my back garden. Ps the front indicators will be done properly when I manage to find orange glass or make some new ones, although they seem kinda complicated to make.
Attachments
20230704_143923.jpg
20230704_143923.jpg (2.3 MiB) Viewed 6431 times
20230505_154555.jpg
20230505_154555.jpg (2 MiB) Viewed 6431 times
20211206_131706.jpg
20211206_131706.jpg (2.21 MiB) Viewed 6431 times
20211206_131718.jpg
20211206_131718.jpg (2.4 MiB) Viewed 6431 times

JacobConstable
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon May 15, 2023 5:19 pm

Re: Lightweight S2A 1968 Almost There!

Post by JacobConstable » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:49 am

I think a few immages haven't loaded 🤔 I'm sorry I've im making a mess.
Attachments
IMG-20231117-WA0006.jpeg
IMG-20231117-WA0006.jpeg (1.62 MiB) Viewed 6429 times
20231114_154511.jpg
20231114_154511.jpg (2.17 MiB) Viewed 6429 times
20231020_115802.jpg
20231020_115802.jpg (2.15 MiB) Viewed 6429 times
20231031_163810.jpg
20231031_163810.jpg (2.29 MiB) Viewed 6429 times

JacobConstable
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon May 15, 2023 5:19 pm

Re: Lightweight S2A 1968 Almost There!

Post by JacobConstable » Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:03 pm

Ps. If it wasn't for you guys and this forum I would have been stuck ages ago. I can't thank you all enough.
Attachments
20240219_121802.jpg
20240219_121802.jpg (2.63 MiB) Viewed 6428 times
20240219_121619.jpg
20240219_121619.jpg (1.85 MiB) Viewed 6428 times
20240219_121522.jpg
20240219_121522.jpg (3.29 MiB) Viewed 6428 times
20240219_121544.jpg
20240219_121544.jpg (2.65 MiB) Viewed 6428 times

User avatar
fv1620
Bake Off Judge
Posts: 2268
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:16 pm
Location: GB-CMN (formerly UK91)
Contact:

Re: Lightweight S2A 1968 Almost There!

Post by fv1620 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:36 pm

Jacob you have done well plodding away relentlessly at some distance from sources of spares & making the best of what you have to hand. The important thing with these projects is do, as you have done, by doing the best you can whilst you have the opportunity rather than rushing too much & then wishing you had done better the first time.
Clive Elliott

Collecting military technical publications, researching into military vehicle electrical systems, licensed radio amateur since 1964 using microwave bands for tropospheric scatter.

Ridgy
Pastry Chef
Posts: 677
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:35 pm
Location: Essex

Re: Lightweight S2A 1968 Almost There!

Post by Ridgy » Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:54 pm

Looking nice Jake. Well done!
57 KB 58 1983 SIII GS Lightweight

Fossibear
Posts: 430
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:20 pm
Location: Nordkirchen / Germany

Re: Lightweight S2A 1968 Almost There!

Post by Fossibear » Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:18 pm

Yes, very nice indeed!

Regards, Steve
It's supposed to look like that, it's crochet...

simonm
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:02 pm
Location: France

Re: Lightweight S2A 1968 Almost There!

Post by simonm » Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:06 pm

Looks good Jacob, BTW theres a few companies which will ship to EU from the UK now without too much hassle with duty's etc. , i.e Cradock's Plus a few in Europe as well

All the best

Simon
Lightweight GS series 3. 1976 - ex Saudi National Guard
Defender 90 2005
Defender 130 Pulse Ambulance 1998.
Sankey Wide Track 1985 Ex Royal Artillery

User avatar
AR4412
Maître Pâtissier
Posts: 8934
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:31 am
Location: Bedford

Re: Lightweight S2A 1968 Almost There!

Post by AR4412 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:59 am

Hi Jake,

You've done a cracking job there. Very Nice! :D

Regards,
For Those That Have Had To Fight for It, Life Has Truly A Flavour The Protected Will Never Know.

'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'

Neil.

09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.

User avatar
Bob Fell
Cake Guru
Posts: 3044
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:17 am
Location: Melton Mowbray

Re: Lightweight S2A 1968 Almost There!

Post by Bob Fell » Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:59 pm

That's really lovely, credit to you to say the least :D
Regards
Bob
042Bobf


19HF27 Lightweight FFR ex Gurkha Field Force HQ, various Gurkha Sigs Tps and Comp Ord Depot Hong Kong 1980-1997.
42ET39 Narrow Track Sankey ex BAOR 22 & 7 Sig Regts, 16/5 Lancers, 2 RTR, 9/12 Lancers & QDG 1969-2001.

martinN
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:26 pm

Re: Lightweight S2A 1968 Almost There!

Post by martinN » Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:41 pm

Very impressed well done.

Post Reply