Lightweight S2A 1968 Almost There!
-
JacobConstable
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Mon May 15, 2023 5:19 pm
Lightweight S2A 1968 Almost There!
Hello everyone, jake here. for the past year and a half I've been working on my lightweight in my spare time. I just wanted to show you guys at what stage It's at. This is the first car I've ever restored and since I live in italy I have alot of trouble sourcing spare parts so I just ended up fixing the old ones in most cases or fabricating new parts where possible out of aluminium sheet metal. It's been great fun, and I feel like I've gained a bunch of knowledge and wouldnt mind doing up another one at a further date. anyway ill leave some photos of It here. Please bare in mind that I've had no help and it's all been done in my back garden. Ps the front indicators will be done properly when I manage to find orange glass or make some new ones, although they seem kinda complicated to make.
- Attachments
-
- 20230704_143923.jpg (2.3 MiB) Viewed 6415 times
-
- 20230505_154555.jpg (2 MiB) Viewed 6415 times
-
- 20211206_131706.jpg (2.21 MiB) Viewed 6415 times
-
- 20211206_131718.jpg (2.4 MiB) Viewed 6415 times
-
JacobConstable
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Mon May 15, 2023 5:19 pm
Re: Lightweight S2A 1968 Almost There!
I think a few immages haven't loaded
I'm sorry I've im making a mess.
- Attachments
-
- IMG-20231117-WA0006.jpeg (1.62 MiB) Viewed 6413 times
-
- 20231114_154511.jpg (2.17 MiB) Viewed 6413 times
-
- 20231020_115802.jpg (2.15 MiB) Viewed 6413 times
-
- 20231031_163810.jpg (2.29 MiB) Viewed 6413 times
-
JacobConstable
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Mon May 15, 2023 5:19 pm
Re: Lightweight S2A 1968 Almost There!
Ps. If it wasn't for you guys and this forum I would have been stuck ages ago. I can't thank you all enough.
- Attachments
-
- 20240219_121802.jpg (2.63 MiB) Viewed 6412 times
-
- 20240219_121619.jpg (1.85 MiB) Viewed 6412 times
-
- 20240219_121522.jpg (3.29 MiB) Viewed 6412 times
-
- 20240219_121544.jpg (2.65 MiB) Viewed 6412 times
- fv1620
- Bake Off Judge
- Posts: 2268
- Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:16 pm
- Location: GB-CMN (formerly UK91)
- Contact:
Re: Lightweight S2A 1968 Almost There!
Jacob you have done well plodding away relentlessly at some distance from sources of spares & making the best of what you have to hand. The important thing with these projects is do, as you have done, by doing the best you can whilst you have the opportunity rather than rushing too much & then wishing you had done better the first time.
Clive Elliott
Collecting military technical publications, researching into military vehicle electrical systems, licensed radio amateur since 1964 using microwave bands for tropospheric scatter.
Collecting military technical publications, researching into military vehicle electrical systems, licensed radio amateur since 1964 using microwave bands for tropospheric scatter.
Re: Lightweight S2A 1968 Almost There!
Looking nice Jake. Well done!
57 KB 58 1983 SIII GS Lightweight
Re: Lightweight S2A 1968 Almost There!
Yes, very nice indeed!
Regards, Steve
Regards, Steve
It's supposed to look like that, it's crochet...
Re: Lightweight S2A 1968 Almost There!
Looks good Jacob, BTW theres a few companies which will ship to EU from the UK now without too much hassle with duty's etc. , i.e Cradock's Plus a few in Europe as well
All the best
Simon
All the best
Simon
Lightweight GS series 3. 1976 - ex Saudi National Guard
Defender 90 2005
Defender 130 Pulse Ambulance 1998.
Sankey Wide Track 1985 Ex Royal Artillery
Defender 90 2005
Defender 130 Pulse Ambulance 1998.
Sankey Wide Track 1985 Ex Royal Artillery
Re: Lightweight S2A 1968 Almost There!
Hi Jake,
You've done a cracking job there. Very Nice!
Regards,
You've done a cracking job there. Very Nice!
Regards,
For Those That Have Had To Fight for It, Life Has Truly A Flavour The Protected Will Never Know.
'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'
Neil.
09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.
'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'
Neil.
09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.
Re: Lightweight S2A 1968 Almost There!
That's really lovely, credit to you to say the least
Regards
Bob
Regards
Bob
042Bobf
19HF27 Lightweight FFR ex Gurkha Field Force HQ, various Gurkha Sigs Tps and Comp Ord Depot Hong Kong 1980-1997.
42ET39 Narrow Track Sankey ex BAOR 22 & 7 Sig Regts, 16/5 Lancers, 2 RTR, 9/12 Lancers & QDG 1969-2001.
19HF27 Lightweight FFR ex Gurkha Field Force HQ, various Gurkha Sigs Tps and Comp Ord Depot Hong Kong 1980-1997.
42ET39 Narrow Track Sankey ex BAOR 22 & 7 Sig Regts, 16/5 Lancers, 2 RTR, 9/12 Lancers & QDG 1969-2001.
Re: Lightweight S2A 1968 Almost There!
Very impressed well done.