19HF27
Re: 19HF27
Mystery cut out;
I have often wondered the purpose of this, I've seen the same on another vehicle some time back.
I know the vehicle at some stage in it's HK life was fitted with a 'dog cage' as the mounting holes are present on the tub upper sides, but I cannot really relate it to that.
Any ideas?
Anyway, what prompted this was the fact I'm in process of replacing the tailgate seals as they are well past it. Was going to do it last year when I refurbed the tub but never got round to it.
Bob
I know the vehicle at some stage in it's HK life was fitted with a 'dog cage' as the mounting holes are present on the tub upper sides, but I cannot really relate it to that.
Any ideas?
Anyway, what prompted this was the fact I'm in process of replacing the tailgate seals as they are well past it. Was going to do it last year when I refurbed the tub but never got round to it.
Bob
042Bobf
19HF27 Lightweight FFR ex Gurkha Field Force HQ, various Gurkha Sigs Tps and Comp Ord Depot Hong Kong 1980-1997.
42ET39 Narrow Track Sankey ex BAOR 22 & 7 Sig Regts, 16/5 Lancers, 2 RTR, 9/12 Lancers & QDG 1969-2001.
19HF27 Lightweight FFR ex Gurkha Field Force HQ, various Gurkha Sigs Tps and Comp Ord Depot Hong Kong 1980-1997.
42ET39 Narrow Track Sankey ex BAOR 22 & 7 Sig Regts, 16/5 Lancers, 2 RTR, 9/12 Lancers & QDG 1969-2001.
Re: 19HF27
Tailgate seals and buffers replaced...
042Bobf
19HF27 Lightweight FFR ex Gurkha Field Force HQ, various Gurkha Sigs Tps and Comp Ord Depot Hong Kong 1980-1997.
42ET39 Narrow Track Sankey ex BAOR 22 & 7 Sig Regts, 16/5 Lancers, 2 RTR, 9/12 Lancers & QDG 1969-2001.
19HF27 Lightweight FFR ex Gurkha Field Force HQ, various Gurkha Sigs Tps and Comp Ord Depot Hong Kong 1980-1997.
42ET39 Narrow Track Sankey ex BAOR 22 & 7 Sig Regts, 16/5 Lancers, 2 RTR, 9/12 Lancers & QDG 1969-2001.
Re: 19HF27
Nice LWT Bob,
Compliments and respect for the work done and the details.
Regards.
Looloo
Compliments and respect for the work done and the details.
Regards.
Looloo
27GJ77 - 1977 LWT SIII FFR - 1st. Royal Horse Artillery - B Battery (BAOR)
Re: 19HF27
After a few weeks of trouble free motoring, I now have a weeping brake master cylinder to attend to.
So what are the options, I can get a genuine cylinder NRC6096 (without reservoir) from Blanchard's which I assume will be Lucas/TRW, I can also get the reservoir AEU1045 from them but one question is how is the reservoir fitted to the cylinder? Any info on this technicality would be appreciated.
Cheers,
Bob
So what are the options, I can get a genuine cylinder NRC6096 (without reservoir) from Blanchard's which I assume will be Lucas/TRW, I can also get the reservoir AEU1045 from them but one question is how is the reservoir fitted to the cylinder? Any info on this technicality would be appreciated.
Cheers,
Bob
042Bobf
19HF27 Lightweight FFR ex Gurkha Field Force HQ, various Gurkha Sigs Tps and Comp Ord Depot Hong Kong 1980-1997.
42ET39 Narrow Track Sankey ex BAOR 22 & 7 Sig Regts, 16/5 Lancers, 2 RTR, 9/12 Lancers & QDG 1969-2001.
19HF27 Lightweight FFR ex Gurkha Field Force HQ, various Gurkha Sigs Tps and Comp Ord Depot Hong Kong 1980-1997.
42ET39 Narrow Track Sankey ex BAOR 22 & 7 Sig Regts, 16/5 Lancers, 2 RTR, 9/12 Lancers & QDG 1969-2001.
Re: 19HF27
Hello Bob,
Two large rolled metal pins which cross the foundry and are fixed on either side under the tank.
I have a complete new kit in advance (never too careful…) which also comes from Blanchard; the master cylinder is indeed TRW-Lucas and the tank is "unbranded" on the other hand the cardboard box of this tank looks furiously like Brit…
Regards
Looloo
Two large rolled metal pins which cross the foundry and are fixed on either side under the tank.
I have a complete new kit in advance (never too careful…) which also comes from Blanchard; the master cylinder is indeed TRW-Lucas and the tank is "unbranded" on the other hand the cardboard box of this tank looks furiously like Brit…
Regards
Looloo
27GJ77 - 1977 LWT SIII FFR - 1st. Royal Horse Artillery - B Battery (BAOR)
Re: 19HF27
Thanks Loulou, that's just the info I was looking for, I assume the tank push fits onto the master cylinder ports?Loulou wrote: ↑Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:33 amHello Bob,
Two large rolled metal pins which cross the foundry and are fixed on either side under the tank.
I have a complete new kit in advance (never too careful…) which also comes from Blanchard; the master cylinder is indeed TRW-Lucas and the tank is "unbranded" on the other hand the cardboard box of this tank looks furiously like Brit…
Regards
Looloo
Capture d’écran 2021-08-01 à 12.25.55.png
Regards,
Bob
042Bobf
19HF27 Lightweight FFR ex Gurkha Field Force HQ, various Gurkha Sigs Tps and Comp Ord Depot Hong Kong 1980-1997.
42ET39 Narrow Track Sankey ex BAOR 22 & 7 Sig Regts, 16/5 Lancers, 2 RTR, 9/12 Lancers & QDG 1969-2001.
19HF27 Lightweight FFR ex Gurkha Field Force HQ, various Gurkha Sigs Tps and Comp Ord Depot Hong Kong 1980-1997.
42ET39 Narrow Track Sankey ex BAOR 22 & 7 Sig Regts, 16/5 Lancers, 2 RTR, 9/12 Lancers & QDG 1969-2001.
Re: 19HF27
Hello Bob,
I think, I imagine because I haven't tried yet… mine is still sleeping in its box.
Nice week
Regards.
LL
I think, I imagine because I haven't tried yet… mine is still sleeping in its box.
Nice week
Regards.
LL
27GJ77 - 1977 LWT SIII FFR - 1st. Royal Horse Artillery - B Battery (BAOR)
Re: 19HF27
Just to throw the spanner in the works, I had a light-bulb
And guess what? you cannot get an NOS one for love nor money.
Regards,
Bob
042Bobf
19HF27 Lightweight FFR ex Gurkha Field Force HQ, various Gurkha Sigs Tps and Comp Ord Depot Hong Kong 1980-1997.
42ET39 Narrow Track Sankey ex BAOR 22 & 7 Sig Regts, 16/5 Lancers, 2 RTR, 9/12 Lancers & QDG 1969-2001.
19HF27 Lightweight FFR ex Gurkha Field Force HQ, various Gurkha Sigs Tps and Comp Ord Depot Hong Kong 1980-1997.
42ET39 Narrow Track Sankey ex BAOR 22 & 7 Sig Regts, 16/5 Lancers, 2 RTR, 9/12 Lancers & QDG 1969-2001.
Re: 19HF27
Hello Bob,
"569671 - master cylinder dual line SWB": this is what I currently have on my LWT from the end of 1977. Bought (in NOS UK Army… this is what was mentioned at LR Series on their website) there was over 4 years old at the time.
I am currently having trouble adjusting the brakes and therefore cannot reliably specify how it works; I will inform you in a few weeks of the results.
Some French people install 109 LWB master cylinders, specifying that this displaces more brake fluid and therefore more efficiency ...
Regards.
Looloo
"569671 - master cylinder dual line SWB": this is what I currently have on my LWT from the end of 1977. Bought (in NOS UK Army… this is what was mentioned at LR Series on their website) there was over 4 years old at the time.
I am currently having trouble adjusting the brakes and therefore cannot reliably specify how it works; I will inform you in a few weeks of the results.
Some French people install 109 LWB master cylinders, specifying that this displaces more brake fluid and therefore more efficiency ...
Regards.
Looloo
27GJ77 - 1977 LWT SIII FFR - 1st. Royal Horse Artillery - B Battery (BAOR)