Search found 33 matches

by Rubregis
Wed Apr 16, 2025 9:37 pm
Forum: Your Land Rover Projects
Topic: The rebuild
Replies: 3
Views: 6783

Re: The rebuild

PXL_20250323_115331092.MP.jpg Many thanks do you know what the symbol stands for? I don't know the lightweights history as it was my uncle's and he brought it from prb services in Leeds who know longer exist.It was a 24v ffr built in 76 but I don't have the military number as the chassis has been r...
by Rubregis
Wed Apr 09, 2025 10:05 pm
Forum: Your Land Rover Projects
Topic: The rebuild
Replies: 3
Views: 6783

The rebuild

PXL_20250316_173342082.jpg Here's a few photos from the rebuild I've done of my Land Rover taken 2 years as I can only worker the other weekend. I've changed it from 24 volt to 12 volt loads of new parts rebuilt the engine two new footwells and the gearbox refurbished. New brake lines rebuilt the f...
by Rubregis
Wed Aug 07, 2024 12:13 am
Forum: Problems
Topic: Electronic distributor
Replies: 2
Views: 618

Re: Electronic distributor

Thanks
by Rubregis
Tue Aug 06, 2024 3:09 am
Forum: Problems
Topic: Electronic distributor
Replies: 2
Views: 618

Electronic distributor

Hi all I've fitted a new electronic distributor which turns no problem but no spark at the plugs and I've changed from 24v to 12v new coil and new wiring loom so all new any ideas? Thanks
by Rubregis
Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:17 pm
Forum: Problems
Topic: Fuel gauge
Replies: 6
Views: 1620

Re: Fuel gauge

Hi I'm converting from 24 to 12v on my lightweight restoration I am just going to use 1 tank at the moment but I take it I'll need to change the fuel float and sender right? Image
by Rubregis
Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:46 pm
Forum: Your Land Rover Projects
Topic: Rustproof
Replies: 2
Views: 798

Re: Rustproof

Thanks
by Rubregis
Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:02 pm
Forum: Your Land Rover Projects
Topic: Rustproof
Replies: 2
Views: 798

Rustproof

PXL_20230402_172735986.jpg 20230211_171517_HDR.jpg Hi all Ive been using hammerite black for some painting ie sump but there's so many rustproof products ie waxoyl dintitrol lampart etc what would you use on the chassis bulkhead axles etc my preferred color is black for the lot but paint the bulkhe...
by Rubregis
Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:47 pm
Forum: Your Land Rover Projects
Topic: Berthas lightweight rebuild
Replies: 22
Views: 5018

Re: Berthas lightweight rebuild

Cheers I've used bumper bolts correct size which I got from Jake Wright's I'll soon be putting the head back on so that I can replace the rear oil seal . sorry for the late reply I find this forum sometimes difficult to use
by Rubregis
Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:17 pm
Forum: Your Land Rover Projects
Topic: Berthas lightweight rebuild
Replies: 22
Views: 5018

Re: Berthas lightweight rebuild

Rubregis wrote: ↑
Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:28 am
One question as defo I'll be trying to lift the engine out as i couldn't do it ladt weekend is i know i need to take the bellhousing off what size bolts do i need to mount the engine on the engine stand? Many thanks for your information
by Rubregis
Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:28 am
Forum: Your Land Rover Projects
Topic: Berthas lightweight rebuild
Replies: 22
Views: 5018

Re: Berthas lightweight rebuild

One question as defo I'll be trying to lift the engine out as i couldn't do it ladt weekend is i know i need to take the bellhousing off what sixe bolts do i need to mount the engine on the engine stand? Many thanks for your information