Electronic distributor
Electronic distributor
Hi all I've fitted a new electronic distributor which turns no problem but no spark at the plugs and I've changed from 24v to 12v new coil and new wiring loom so all new any ideas? Thanks
- fv1620
- Bake Off Judge
- Posts: 2268
- Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:16 pm
- Location: GB-CMN (formerly UK91)
- Contact:
Re: Electronic distributor
Ensure that you have a continuous supply to energise the module otherwise it can't switch the coil on & off.
Whenever I have fitted an electronic system I have bench tested it by supplying the constant voltage & manually twiddling the distributor shaft to see if with a battery & bulb or even a multimeter to see if the circuit is switching on & off. Once it passed that test I installed it in the vehicle.
I hope the module kit contained some heatsink compound to aid heat transfer from the module to the baseplate otherwise it will die from overheating at some stage.
Whenever I have fitted an electronic system I have bench tested it by supplying the constant voltage & manually twiddling the distributor shaft to see if with a battery & bulb or even a multimeter to see if the circuit is switching on & off. Once it passed that test I installed it in the vehicle.
I hope the module kit contained some heatsink compound to aid heat transfer from the module to the baseplate otherwise it will die from overheating at some stage.
Clive Elliott
Collecting military technical publications, researching into military vehicle electrical systems, licensed radio amateur since 1964 using microwave bands for tropospheric scatter.
Collecting military technical publications, researching into military vehicle electrical systems, licensed radio amateur since 1964 using microwave bands for tropospheric scatter.