Search found 23 matches

by Day VG
Sun May 02, 2021 1:35 am
Forum: General Land Rover information
Topic: What have you done to or with your LWT today??
Replies: 2982
Views: 566361

Re: What have you done to or with your LWT today??

After a slow restoration to get the old girl back on the road I finally put my LWT in for a speculative Roadworthy (MOT) test to see what I'd need to do to get a pass and she passed first time! I'm not sure whether me or the tester were more surprised. Got her registered and on the road at long last...
by Day VG
Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:49 am
Forum: General Land Rover information
Topic: LWT Speedo
Replies: 13
Views: 3509

Re: LWT Speedo

Jon S wrote: ↑
Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:41 pm
In reality the MPH primary scale is more user friendly
That depends on where you live ;)
by Day VG
Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:02 am
Forum: Problems
Topic: Fitting capillary guages
Replies: 2
Views: 1110

Re: Fitting capillary guages

Yes, they need to stay connected as one unit, so the 'senders' need to be fed from the cabin through the holes in the bulkhead behind the instrument panel. I've just done mine and they are now working nicely.

Dave
by Day VG
Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:22 am
Forum: General Land Rover information
Topic: Matching different pipe sizes
Replies: 7
Views: 1637

Re: Matching different pipe sizes

If you go to Demontweeks.co.uk and look up Samco straight hose reducers, they do a 38mm to 35mm silicone hose reducer in all sorts of colours. You'll just need a metal hose joiner in 38mm too.

That might work.

Dave
by Day VG
Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:19 am
Forum: Your Land Rover Projects
Topic: lightweight v8 project
Replies: 239
Views: 80019

Re: lightweight v8 project

I too have been doing some spraying, but it's 37C in the shade here today so I guess that's not very helpful to you!

Dave
by Day VG
Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:52 pm
Forum: Other Kit
Topic: Rear load grab rail airportable ????
Replies: 55
Views: 17469

Re: Rear load grab rail airportable ????

andrewjsimpson1977 wrote:I'll prepare the ceremonial Battenberg Dave, well done mate.
Noooo, not the Battenburg!!! :D
by Day VG
Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:14 pm
Forum: Other Kit
Topic: Rear load grab rail airportable ????
Replies: 55
Views: 17469

Re: Rear load grab rail airportable ????

Fred wrote: Returning to the square bracket on the front tub bulkhead, then. Do you know for certain what it was for? Was it for the grab rail?
This from the Illustrated Parts Catalogue suggests that the square socket is for the grab rail...

Dave
WIN_20170114_00_02_00_Pro.jpg
WIN_20170114_00_02_00_Pro.jpg (381.19 KiB) Viewed 3216 times
by Day VG
Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:26 am
Forum: General Land Rover information
Topic: Dashboard info
Replies: 14
Views: 2968

Re: Dashboard info

Here's what the bulb holder that fits in that hole looks like on mine (sorry it's not in focus) - it's a bit different to all the others and uses the case of the speedo as the ground. Hope that's helpful for when you're rifling through Sidders' bits :o

Dave
by Day VG
Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:16 pm
Forum: General Land Rover information
Topic: Trades description...
Replies: 7
Views: 2159

Re: Trades description...

:-salut-: Ledgend! Done :!
by Day VG
Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:05 pm
Forum: General Land Rover information
Topic: Trades description...
Replies: 7
Views: 2159

Re: Trades description...

Yes, sometimes all you can do is laugh...

Hi Norman, that's a really kind offer - this forum is awesome. 8-) I'm in Australia though, so I'll cover the P&P. I'll drop you an email.

Dave