Fitting capillary guages

If you have encountered or solved a problem post here
Post Reply
Oneandtwo
Posts: 242
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:53 am

Fitting capillary guages

Post by Oneandtwo » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:31 am

Any tips on fitting capillary gauges - mine have never worked and I have whole new assemblies to fit. Do the pipes undo from the back of the gauges at all (I'm guessing not) or do I thread the pipe and sender assembly through the correct hole in the bulkhead still attached to the gauge then thread into sender?

Thanks

Day VG
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 1:22 pm
Location: Geelong, Australia

Re: Fitting capillary guages

Post by Day VG » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:02 am

Yes, they need to stay connected as one unit, so the 'senders' need to be fed from the cabin through the holes in the bulkhead behind the instrument panel. I've just done mine and they are now working nicely.

Dave

101sean
Posts: 189
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:57 pm
Location: Kent & Tipperary

Re: Fitting capillary guages

Post by 101sean » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:16 pm

Fit as Dave says, be gentle, you don't want to break a tube! Any excess length is loosely coiled next to the sender.
Sean

24FM27 Lightweight GS
73FL74 101 GS
2000 civvy 110 CSW

Post Reply