Thanks guys for your kind comments,
Further on, when I cleaned up the n/s hub I discovered this.....,

- NS hub outer bearing Dec 20.JPG (139.94 KiB) Viewed 1734 times
As you can see there's a chip of metal from the lip of the hub casing jammed down the back of the bearing runner and a score in the casing running directly down to it.
Also the bearing was damaged....,

- NS outer bearing damage_Dec 20.JPG (154.39 KiB) Viewed 1734 times
Not sure what has caused this, it's must have been like it for the last 10 years as I've never had the hubs off since I've owned the vehicle.
The rollers seem ok and still run free in the damaged area.
Having removed the bearing runner you can clearly see the chip out of the casing lip....,

- 001.JPG (153.58 KiB) Viewed 1734 times
I was very concerned the hub casing had cracked but close inspection reveals not.
New bearing from PAB ordered but unfortunately this has delayed finishing the project I had hoped to complete before the Christmas break ends.
Regards,
Bob