Page 9 of 11

Re: Fabricating my own complete chassis (civvi S3)

Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:40 pm
by Del
Looks like a great piece of workmanship. How much do you think you have saved by diy?

Re: Fabricating my own complete chassis (civvi S3)

Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:47 pm
by Sean7r
Hi Del, last time I looked up on a price on a new chassis it was £1800 delivered, so about 1300 quid.
Regards Sean

Re: Fabricating my own complete chassis (civvi S3)

Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:49 pm
by Sean7r
My wife's handy work so far.

Re: Fabricating my own complete chassis (civvi S3)

Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:51 pm
by Sean7r
And the other end

Re: Fabricating my own complete chassis (civvi S3)

Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:18 pm
by Sean7r
Here's a shiny one for Norman .

Re: Fabricating my own complete chassis (civvi S3)

Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:20 pm
by Sean7r
The wife has done a good job I think.

Re: Fabricating my own complete chassis (civvi S3)

Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:57 pm
by brinv8
Looks a pucka job, well done Mrs Sean7r.

Re: Fabricating my own complete chassis (civvi S3)

Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:11 pm
by Gordon Bennett
the chassis looks really good 8-)

The engine looks great too! Is that more of the 'Wife's' work?

Rgds,
Gordon

Re: Fabricating my own complete chassis (civvi S3)

Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:42 pm
by Sean7r
Hi Gordon, I spray pianted the engine, it gave a better coverage. But she has got the job of painting the sump (black).

Sean

Re: Fabricating my own complete chassis (civvi S3)

Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:11 pm
by Sean7r
The Galvanizing has blocked the four threaded holes for the steering relay securing ring, I'm not sure of what size tap I will need, I was brought up with metric so this is a massive learning curve for me.
Regards Sean