Page 7 of 17

Re: 19FM37

Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:29 pm
by Bigdon1981
Cheers Andy👍🏻

Paint arrived this morning so managed to second coat the tub, it’s a bit patchy so will get a third coat tomorrow so fingers crossed it’s close enough, tried some different pressures on the spray gun but didn’t improve it much ( I gave up ordering regulators/ water traps, none arrived!)

Put the door back on the arch tool box, I got all the old paint off the hinge and it still catches🙄 won’t be used much so not that bothered.


Fingers crossed I can make a start putting bits back on on Sunday :D

Re: 19FM37

Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:12 pm
by Bigdon1981
Not the best weather today for painting, but too cold and damp, so I’ve built up the tailgates, thought one of the shovels I have was long handle but both are short so ordered a long handle one.
Think I’ve got the seal round the right way on the lower, just waiting for some satin black to go off on the number plate lamp and the dishwasher to finish for the lens and that’s a couple of bits built up.
I left the one hinge as it was as it’s still got what’s left of the genuine parts sticker on from when I bought it lol.

Cheers

Re: 19FM37

Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:21 pm
by landylees
Agree about the weather, wished I’d stayed in the garage later painting last night

Re: 19FM37

Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:22 pm
by Bigdon1981
Hopefully it will be a bit warmer tomorrow, would be good to get the tub painted again before next week.

Quick question on number plates....

19fm37 was built in 73, dvla have it as 75 but registered as a V plate 1/3/80
Can I get away with black plates? Or is it worth trying to get an age related plate and try to keep the old plate for something else down the line. Thinking of civy plates along with some military ones for “shows” ( if I ever bother again/ if they go ahead again)

Cheers

Re: 19FM37

Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:58 pm
by AR4412
I might be wrong on this, as I've not looked into it, so I standby to be corrected. But, I think that the fitting of black/silver numberplates is now on a yearly rolling basis, tied into when the vehicle is eligible for historic status. It used to be that only vehicles manufacture before Jan '73 could use them.

Having said that, my 1973 is registered as a first used in 1987, with a declared use date of 1971 on it's old V5, is on a 'Q' plate, and I have been driving around with black and silver plates with no problems since I came back from Germany in 1993 and took it off of it's BFG plates. On the balance of probabilities, and having seen a lot younger vehicle running around on them, I would say you could get away with them. But, the choice is yours to make.

Regards,

Re: 19FM37

Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:15 pm
by Bigdon1981
I might call the dvla on Monday, it’s been tax and mot exempt for 2 years now, was only due to “ total car check” I think it was that I knew that it was.
Got to wait until gaydon is up and running again to get a hard copy of the heritage certificate to change the build date, odd when the dvla wont accept an email copy🙄

Might just order a set and see what goes 😂

Re: 19FM37

Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:10 pm
by removeduser185
Bigdon1981 wrote: ↑
Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:15 pm
I might call the dvla on Monday, it’s been tax and mot exempt for 2 years now, was only due to “ total car check” I think it was that I knew that it was.
Got to wait until gaydon is up and running again to get a hard copy of the heritage certificate to change the build date, odd when the dvla wont accept an email copy🙄

Might just order a set and see what goes 😂
If it is tax and MoT exempt, then it must have been registered as a Vehicle of Historic Interest already, in which case it may carry black and white/silver/grey number plates. I'm waiting to get mine registered as a VHI, but it must have a current MoT, which is difficult to get due to the virus. As soon as it is, I shal get rid of the reflective plates which look horrible on a Lightweight!

Re: 19FM37

Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:05 pm
by landylees
My IIA is on an 'S' plate but built in 1968 which is backed up by a heritage certificate. It is currently SORN and hasn't been for the road 10+ years, any idea what I need to do to get the right age related plate ?

Re: 19FM37

Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:00 am
by Bigdon1981
Not sure, I know a heritage certificate, but other than that I don’t know.
I’m going to call the dvla on Monday as I want one for mine, I’ll let you know what I find out 👍🏻

Re: 19FM37

Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:49 am
by andrewjsimpson1977
landylees wrote: ↑
Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:05 pm
My IIA is on an 'S' plate but built in 1968 which is backed up by a heritage certificate. It is currently SORN and hasn't been for the road 10+ years, any idea what I need to do to get the right age related plate ?
When I asked this previously, it was a case of you simply need to send in your v5, with a covering letter and a copy of the heritage certificate to the dvla. Not sure if there is a charge. They send you back a new v5 apparently, once an age related reg has been assigned.