Series 2a 35 FG 55

Tell us about any of your Land Rover related projects here.
User avatar
Dougie2a
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:21 pm
Location: Midlothian

Re: Series 2a 35 FG 55

Post by Dougie2a » Tue Jun 23, 2026 10:40 pm

Almost 6 years later… I’m back, I’m definitely back!
I’ve had a wee side project on the go getting my ‘62 2a 88” on the road - all it needed was a couple of parts here and there… then a few more, and more and…

Anyway, I’m on track with the Lightweight and hope to publish some progress on here.

But I have some questions. Back to the flat heater, 6 years later the pristine outer has got spots of rust through the paint work from sitting around on a damp shelf- nevermind I’ll sort that out AGAIN.

LUCAS FLAT HEATER BRUSHES - Any ideas on part number and from where?

LUCAS FLAT HEATER 10 ohm 10% (see photo) I know what it is but does and I know where it should be attached to the heater, does anyone have a diagram of how it’s wired into the circuit?

Oh and my Lightweight has been converted to 12v off an alternator.

Thanks Dougie

[
IMG_1715.jpeg
IMG_1715.jpeg (3.47 MiB) Viewed 5146 times
IMG_1716.jpeg
IMG_1716.jpeg (3.31 MiB) Viewed 5146 times
35 FG 55

1968 2a Lightweight draining my bank balance since 1993


1962 2a 88" adding to the problem since 2020

User avatar
AR4412
Maître Pâtissier
Posts: 8934
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:31 am
Location: Bedford

Re: Series 2a 35 FG 55

Post by AR4412 » Wed Jun 24, 2026 9:59 am

Hi Dougie,

The Green wire from the motor should go to Terminal 8 of the Switch. The Brown wire should go to Terminal 6 of the Switch. The Earth lead, be it White or Black, is fitted under one of the combined cluster clamp knurled nuts. Alternatively it can be earthed to the bulkhead itself. The Brown/Orange feed wire for the heater switch should be connected to Terminal 4 on the switch.

A bit of searching for brushes brought me to these,

https://embertonimperial.com/products/s ... J8n-L8B8hg

But, please check the sizes are right, or that they can be filed to suit.

Regards,
For Those That Have Had To Fight for It, Life Has Truly A Flavour The Protected Will Never Know.

'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'

Neil.

09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.

Post Reply