Brake System and Master Cylinder

Any Land Rover related info can be posted here.
Post Reply
Airdropable
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:27 pm

Brake System and Master Cylinder

Post by Airdropable » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:26 am

What are the correct master cylinders. clutch and brake systems for a very late SIIA/Rover 1? I would like to restore my Lwt to the stock factory configuration. I have gotten a good answer previously that it would have been a CB type for each with the shared reservoir, but I was still a little confused. I took a look at the manual but was still unclear whether the hydraulic systems changed from 1968 to late '71. Was there really no difference on the very late SIIA trucks?

They swapped some parts around and put a CV cylinder on the clutch in addition to the wild brake system fabrication
This is the rubbish that is on there now:

_DSC3856.JPG
_DSC3856.JPG (138.2 KiB) Viewed 3609 times

Opossum
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2026 10:50 pm
Location: France

Re: Brake System and Master Cylinder

Post by Opossum » Thu Jul 23, 2026 11:31 am

I know I'm replying five years later but one never knows...
My 1971 late 2A (LHD) 12 v has very much the same configuration which I think is original.
1971 2A GS LWT 66 FK 09
1977 Land Rover Santana S3 109 (daily driver)
1975 Land Rover (Solihull) S3 109
1953 series 1 80 in, massive restoration project

Post Reply