My lightweight is fitted with an external fuel filler, civvie style. The surround seems to be plastic coated steel and is rusting merrily away under the plastic coating. I can’t find a replacement filler surround.
I could ask someone to fabricate a new one, but before I do, does anyone recognise this part, or know where to get a replacement?
I’m hoping it’s a standard item from another vehicle rather than a discontinued lightweight kit.
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/547 ... edfd_m.jpg
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/547 ... 34a4_m.jpg
External fuel filler surround
Re: External fuel filler surround
I don't recognise that particular one. But, it looks similar to the filler cowl used on the High Capacity Pick Up. Part Number MTC3569 or LR032978, which may do the job for you.
Regards,
Regards,
For Those That Have Had To Fight for It, Life Has Truly A Flavour The Protected Will Never Know.
'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'
Neil.
09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.
'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'
Neil.
09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.
-
Puddlejumper1
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2025 8:32 pm
Re: External fuel filler surround
Thanks Neil,
I had come across this one on my searches, but at circa £160 it a lot of money to take a punt on. There are also similar surrounds for the willys jeep and several other American flat bed pick ups, but nothing that matches.
I will see what the fabrication cost is. £200 or less I could make that work.
Annoying that the cut out goes right down to the tub riser join, or I might have been tempered to fill it in and reinstate the under seat filler.
Onwards……
I had come across this one on my searches, but at circa £160 it a lot of money to take a punt on. There are also similar surrounds for the willys jeep and several other American flat bed pick ups, but nothing that matches.
I will see what the fabrication cost is. £200 or less I could make that work.
Annoying that the cut out goes right down to the tub riser join, or I might have been tempered to fill it in and reinstate the under seat filler.
Onwards……
Re: External fuel filler surround
I think I saw Rimmer Brothers had the cowls for about £70 IIRC. Would need to check that though.
Regards,
Regards,
For Those That Have Had To Fight for It, Life Has Truly A Flavour The Protected Will Never Know.
'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'
Neil.
09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.
'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'
Neil.
09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.