Bulkheads ser2 v ser3
- Bob or is it Kate
- Posts: 67
- Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:20 pm
- Location: Somerset
Bulkheads ser2 v ser3
Hi all, have spotted an advertisement on the bay with (in stock) ser2a l’weight bulkheads and (out of stock) ser3 l’weight version, to my novice eye can’t see any obvious differences, are there any please? Thanks in advance Paul
Re: Bulkheads ser2 v ser3
Hiya!
There's actually loads of differences, but the biggest is the hole for the fuel tank changeover tap and the three holes on the back of the dashboard area. If you mean the newly fabbed and galved ones on ebay by elmsupplies/epic engineering, the pics are of a s3 bulkhead. I asked them for pics of the actual s2 version last year and haven't heard back.
If you're not rivet counting though and just want functionality, the s3 style bulkhead will fit.
There's actually loads of differences, but the biggest is the hole for the fuel tank changeover tap and the three holes on the back of the dashboard area. If you mean the newly fabbed and galved ones on ebay by elmsupplies/epic engineering, the pics are of a s3 bulkhead. I asked them for pics of the actual s2 version last year and haven't heard back.
If you're not rivet counting though and just want functionality, the s3 style bulkhead will fit.
- Attachments
-
- Screenshot 2024-05-14 at 8.52.20 PM.png (521.83 KiB) Viewed 8411 times
-
- series3.png (528.94 KiB) Viewed 8411 times
1968 Rover 1 LWT
1969 2A Mystery Machine
1969 2A Mystery Machine
- Bob or is it Kate
- Posts: 67
- Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:20 pm
- Location: Somerset
Re: Bulkheads ser2 v ser3
Many thanks for reply and images, it is the Epic / Elm one I’d seen. His comms are shocking it seems. Looking on Company’s House Epic folded a while ago. I’ve messaged him as the ad suggest sold out yet also shows one left of the Ser 3 (which is what I’d need).
Looking closely, I probably only need new side panels and footwells not a whole bulkhead. Just need to find someone to stick them on….
Many thanks
Looking closely, I probably only need new side panels and footwells not a whole bulkhead. Just need to find someone to stick them on….
Many thanks