Good evening
I have been lurking here for a while and have now signed up.
After a lengthy break I am considering returning to owning a Lightweight.
I have owned many Land Rovers over the years, including several Lightweights.
Good evening
Re: Good evening
Welcome to the forum.
Once you've made the 'right' decisiion, I hope you don't have to wait too long for the right Lightweight to come your way.
Regards,
Once you've made the 'right' decisiion, I hope you don't have to wait too long for the right Lightweight to come your way.
Regards,
For Those That Have Had To Fight for It, Life Has Truly A Flavour The Protected Will Never Know.
'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'
Neil.
09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.
'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'
Neil.
09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.
Re: Good evening
It all depends on why you want a Lightweight.
i worked for what is now JLR for 33 years, coming up through the Landrover side. So I just like them.
I used to own an S2 Forward Control but couldn't cope with the amount of restoration work needed. So after owning it for 25 years I sold it and bought a late S3 Lightweight from a relative.
It had been sat in a garage for over 10 years and needed significant TLC. But i found a chap who could do the heavy lifting to get it MOT'd and back on the road. It is now on the road and I'm enjoying driving it - it was great fun in the recent biblical floods in the UK! I'm now 'tinkering' with it, sorting out various minor issues like leaking axles, gear shift sticking, electrical issues, leaks in the roof, worrying clunks from the suspension, wheels and tyres etc, etc. But these are all things that improve it rather than necessary for it to be on the road.
Every time we go out in it my missus checks we have the RAC recovery card with us. Its only stopped once in the last 6 months since it was MOT'd.
Upside; everywhere we go it causes great interest and 'breaks the ice at parties'. Downside; there is always going to be something to fix.
i worked for what is now JLR for 33 years, coming up through the Landrover side. So I just like them.
I used to own an S2 Forward Control but couldn't cope with the amount of restoration work needed. So after owning it for 25 years I sold it and bought a late S3 Lightweight from a relative.
It had been sat in a garage for over 10 years and needed significant TLC. But i found a chap who could do the heavy lifting to get it MOT'd and back on the road. It is now on the road and I'm enjoying driving it - it was great fun in the recent biblical floods in the UK! I'm now 'tinkering' with it, sorting out various minor issues like leaking axles, gear shift sticking, electrical issues, leaks in the roof, worrying clunks from the suspension, wheels and tyres etc, etc. But these are all things that improve it rather than necessary for it to be on the road.
Every time we go out in it my missus checks we have the RAC recovery card with us. Its only stopped once in the last 6 months since it was MOT'd.
Upside; everywhere we go it causes great interest and 'breaks the ice at parties'. Downside; there is always going to be something to fix.