sankey wheel studs and nuts

Any trailer related disscussion
Post Reply
User avatar
daugs
Posts: 443
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:28 pm
Location: Camden Town, London

sankey wheel studs and nuts

Post by daugs » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:20 pm

I've slowly been going through the boxes (and boxes) of stuff when we moved from Hants back to London in 2015. It's only taken at least 7 years.....

Anyway, I have found a small box of 10 studs and wheel nuts. Faint memory suggests that these were supposed to be able to be fitted to the sankey to change the wheel nut size to the same size as series 3 landy (27mm socket). I cannot recall where they came from, autojumble ?, the box has an original label for wheelnuts but is obviously not correct. The handwritten label states "sankey studs/bolts", not my writing. The wheel nuts are the std landy size, 27mm socket.

The sankey is in south London so can't check, but can someone remind me, what was originally on a 1971 narrow track, and can you just knock the studs out of the drum and replace them or do you need to drill out the hole a little bit. As I will probably let the sankey go, then the bolts may well be surplus, it would be good to work out what they are.
Attachments
IMG-4604.JPG
IMG-4604.JPG (2.39 MiB) Viewed 13050 times
David

1975 SIII Lightweight with Essex V6 conversion in bits (53GF29)
1974 SIII Lightweight (72AM66 - formerly with RAF Lossiemouth)
Sankey narrow track (68FK00)

Post Reply