So my 2a broke down a couple of months since and I think it’s the carb.
When I prime the fuel pump petrol leaks out of the top of the carb.
It’s a zenith copy bought new when I restored it.
Do I buy another copy one or do I buy a Weber carb?
Carburettor woes
Carburettor woes
Top Cocker and Bodger
Re: Carburettor woes
Ditch the Zenith copy for a start. I've had no end of problems with them.
That said, you could try stripping it and refacing the surfaces that warp and bung in a new O ring. I might solve the problem. I seem to be in the minority here, but I hate the Weber... Its too small and in my view strangles the engine. I'd much prefer to have an original Zenith reconditioned and pay good money for doing so for peace of mind.
That said, you could try stripping it and refacing the surfaces that warp and bung in a new O ring. I might solve the problem. I seem to be in the minority here, but I hate the Weber... Its too small and in my view strangles the engine. I'd much prefer to have an original Zenith reconditioned and pay good money for doing so for peace of mind.