Another Sankey in Germany
Re: Another Sankey in Germany
Wow very nice.
Graham.
Gatwick, west Sussex
Buy British, now it's more important than ever.
1980-83 GS Lightweight 57KB99
Sankey narrow track 08ES81
1942 350cc Ohv Ariel W'ng dispatch bike
Gatwick, west Sussex
Buy British, now it's more important than ever.
1980-83 GS Lightweight 57KB99
Sankey narrow track 08ES81
1942 350cc Ohv Ariel W'ng dispatch bike
Re: Another Sankey in Germany
Thanks- yes, it is because I think, that they are so characteristic for these trailers.
And now I am still wondering what the reflectors are which were mounted beneath those in this long rectangle form
Regards, Steve
And now I am still wondering what the reflectors are which were mounted beneath those in this long rectangle form
Regards, Steve
It's supposed to look like that, it's crochet...
Re: Another Sankey in Germany
Nice weather today, so I could carry on with my Sankey.
This time I worked with the axle and I was astonished how heavy it is
But I was also astonished about the fact, that all nuts and bolts could be easily screwed on.
Now I am making up my mind how far I have to take the parts out of another...
Bye, Steve
This time I worked with the axle and I was astonished how heavy it is
But I was also astonished about the fact, that all nuts and bolts could be easily screwed on.
Now I am making up my mind how far I have to take the parts out of another...
Bye, Steve
It's supposed to look like that, it's crochet...
Re: Another Sankey in Germany
By the way: is someone here who can tell me why the hubcap has got such a funny form? Is it to fix it somewhere with a rope or something like that over it?
Steve
Steve
It's supposed to look like that, it's crochet...
- fv1620
- Bake Off Judge
- Posts: 2268
- Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:16 pm
- Location: GB-CMN (formerly UK91)
- Contact:
Re: Another Sankey in Germany
Steve I think the flanged hub is for use as a tie down point for air transport.
Glancing at tie down diagrams for trailers, the hubs were an important point for looping a tie down strap. The holes seem to serve no purpose for this & presumably save a tiny bit of weight.
Glancing at tie down diagrams for trailers, the hubs were an important point for looping a tie down strap. The holes seem to serve no purpose for this & presumably save a tiny bit of weight.
Clive Elliott
Collecting military technical publications, researching into military vehicle electrical systems, licensed radio amateur since 1964 using microwave bands for tropospheric scatter.
Collecting military technical publications, researching into military vehicle electrical systems, licensed radio amateur since 1964 using microwave bands for tropospheric scatter.
Re: Another Sankey in Germany
Thanks Clive,
I thought so but I wasn’t sure.
The holes might be there to save a tiny little bit of wheight or to make it a little bit more stylish
because they not very fitting to loose the screws behind the holes
Steve
I thought so but I wasn’t sure.
The holes might be there to save a tiny little bit of wheight or to make it a little bit more stylish
because they not very fitting to loose the screws behind the holes
Steve
It's supposed to look like that, it's crochet...
Re: Another Sankey in Germany
Now I have cleaned all the parts of the axle and they are ready for colour.
One problem has occurred: the rubber dirt excluders for the brakes are totally rotten.
Does anyone know, wich solution is possible?
Either as spare part or as parts from a different vehicle.
Have a nice Sunday, Steve
One problem has occurred: the rubber dirt excluders for the brakes are totally rotten.
Does anyone know, wich solution is possible?
Either as spare part or as parts from a different vehicle.
Have a nice Sunday, Steve
It's supposed to look like that, it's crochet...
Re: Another Sankey in Germany
Hi Steve,
A bit of research at work a moment ago revealed that Girling Part Number GB2501 is also Land Rover Part Number 219028, a Series 1 transmission brake dirt and dust excluder. aka, boot.
I can't link from my phone, but 219028 is available from Craddocks and PA Blanchard amongst others. Try a search on that number and you will be bound to find a cheaper source for them.
Regards,
A bit of research at work a moment ago revealed that Girling Part Number GB2501 is also Land Rover Part Number 219028, a Series 1 transmission brake dirt and dust excluder. aka, boot.
I can't link from my phone, but 219028 is available from Craddocks and PA Blanchard amongst others. Try a search on that number and you will be bound to find a cheaper source for them.
Regards,
For Those That Have Had To Fight for It, Life Has Truly A Flavour The Protected Will Never Know.
'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'
Neil.
09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.
'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'
Neil.
09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.
Re: Another Sankey in Germany
Hi Neil,
Thanks a lot - I’ve found it
- I didn’t think, that they would have in their program still.
Regards
Thanks a lot - I’ve found it
Regards
It's supposed to look like that, it's crochet...