54 GF 57

Tell us about any of your Land Rover related projects here.
Post Reply
Fossibear
Posts: 430
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:20 pm
Location: Nordkirchen / Germany

54 GF 57

Post by Fossibear » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:41 pm

Slowly but surely I find out, how this forum does work and because of that I think I'm right here when I want to show how my Lighty became that what it is today...

At first I just wanted to own a Land Rover Series III in a civilian version. It should be RHD and an 88.
Then I found two guys which promised me to fetch such a car from England and make it ready so that I could drive with it on German streets.

In the first month there happened nothing. At least they got a car and began to prepare it for me. That lasted also some month - and ... the project became more and more expensive so that I had to tell them, that I couldn't keep the deal.

At that time my daughters looked in the www to find another car. It should be not too expensive, should be able to drive and I wanted to work on it and make it nice myself.

And they found the Lightweight. Some Timothy had brought it from Scotland and now wanted to sell it.

At the end I must admit, that I had a lot of luck with this car which we called Molly.

That is now almost 6 years ago. Most of the work I did in the first two years. I began with the rear parts of Molly and ended with the front.

In the following I'll show some pictures which describe better what I did as if I would write it down here :)
It's supposed to look like that, it's crochet...

Fossibear
Posts: 430
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:20 pm
Location: Nordkirchen / Germany

Re: 54 GF 57

Post by Fossibear » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:50 pm

Molly when I bought it:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (64.4 KiB) Viewed 5177 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (103.75 KiB) Viewed 5177 times
What I first restaurated was this:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (61.81 KiB) Viewed 5177 times
It's supposed to look like that, it's crochet...

Fossibear
Posts: 430
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:20 pm
Location: Nordkirchen / Germany

Re: 54 GF 57

Post by Fossibear » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:59 pm

These were the following steps:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (150.26 KiB) Viewed 5176 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (164.85 KiB) Viewed 5176 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (81.2 KiB) Viewed 5176 times
It's supposed to look like that, it's crochet...

Fossibear
Posts: 430
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:20 pm
Location: Nordkirchen / Germany

Re: 54 GF 57

Post by Fossibear » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:01 pm

The rear body:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (141.95 KiB) Viewed 5176 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (101.98 KiB) Viewed 5176 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (127.22 KiB) Viewed 5176 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (87.21 KiB) Viewed 5176 times
It's supposed to look like that, it's crochet...

Fossibear
Posts: 430
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:20 pm
Location: Nordkirchen / Germany

Re: 54 GF 57

Post by Fossibear » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:04 pm

The middle:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (74.73 KiB) Viewed 5176 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (77.76 KiB) Viewed 5176 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (81.16 KiB) Viewed 5176 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (97.03 KiB) Viewed 5176 times
It's supposed to look like that, it's crochet...

Fossibear
Posts: 430
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:20 pm
Location: Nordkirchen / Germany

Re: 54 GF 57

Post by Fossibear » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:05 pm

More middle:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (94.87 KiB) Viewed 5176 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (81.79 KiB) Viewed 5176 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (107.88 KiB) Viewed 5176 times
It's supposed to look like that, it's crochet...

Fossibear
Posts: 430
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:20 pm
Location: Nordkirchen / Germany

Re: 54 GF 57

Post by Fossibear » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:07 pm

The seat box:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (111.33 KiB) Viewed 5176 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (102.11 KiB) Viewed 5176 times
It's supposed to look like that, it's crochet...

Fossibear
Posts: 430
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:20 pm
Location: Nordkirchen / Germany

Re: 54 GF 57

Post by Fossibear » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:08 pm

Motor:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (162.01 KiB) Viewed 5176 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (202.73 KiB) Viewed 5176 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (155.62 KiB) Viewed 5176 times
It's supposed to look like that, it's crochet...

Fossibear
Posts: 430
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:20 pm
Location: Nordkirchen / Germany

Re: 54 GF 57

Post by Fossibear » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:13 pm

And some impressions from the front
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (95.57 KiB) Viewed 5176 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (139.48 KiB) Viewed 5176 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (137.55 KiB) Viewed 5176 times
It's supposed to look like that, it's crochet...

Fossibear
Posts: 430
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:20 pm
Location: Nordkirchen / Germany

Re: 54 GF 57

Post by Fossibear » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:15 pm

And the wings:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (77.46 KiB) Viewed 5176 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (71.55 KiB) Viewed 5176 times
It's supposed to look like that, it's crochet...

Post Reply