Not quite a newbie
Not quite a newbie
Hi Guys Been around LWT Landrovers for a coupla years now,having driven them in my service career and wanting one ever since although I have owned another type before.I am a member of the other various landrover groups LWT Owners Club amd EMLRA and thought I was already a member on this one My apolagies to Gordon and Val for having said I was at the Overlord Show Today,but rectified the situation and am a member now,
Hope to put name to faces at the shows,
Happy Rovering,
Steve aka Chaos
Hope to put name to faces at the shows,
Happy Rovering,
Steve aka Chaos
Steve
74 FM 18, a 1974 series 3 Ex Northern Ireland 24 Volt FFR VPK.
74 FM 18, a 1974 series 3 Ex Northern Ireland 24 Volt FFR VPK.
Re: Not quite a newbie
Hi Steve, welcome to the forum, as you'll see from the other posts, we only discus sensible Land Rover based topics
. Any amount of sillyness will not be tolerated
......and if you believe that you'll beieve enything.
Enjoy your time here, Indi.
Enjoy your time here, Indi.
-
Gordon Bennett
- Maître Pâtissier
- Posts: 7422
- Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:21 pm
Re: Not quite a newbie
Hi Steve,
Welcome to our happy little community and it was great to meet you at Overlord yesterday. It's always nice to meet people and put a face to the 'username', and to find out the real person behind the 'username' as well. War & Peace is 21st to 25th July.
Hope to see you around and about soon.
Take care,
Gordon & Val.
Welcome to our happy little community and it was great to meet you at Overlord yesterday. It's always nice to meet people and put a face to the 'username', and to find out the real person behind the 'username' as well. War & Peace is 21st to 25th July.
Hope to see you around and about soon.
Take care,
Gordon & Val.
- norcoatomique
- Master Baker
- Posts: 1311
- Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:30 pm
- Location: Faringdon Oxfordshire
Re: Not quite a newbie
Hi Steve! a very warm welcome to ya! i must admit that it would be good to get to meet you all! and its high time i started getting about a bit
! so hopefully will get to a show or two this year! D. 
Certa Cito.
Re: Not quite a newbie
Welcome Steve
Nice to see you at Overlord and thaks for showing me round your lightweight.
I think my gearbox could do with some more EP90 after the drive home it got a tad warm and started to make some new noises
At least I have a new box ready and waiting 
Nice to see you at Overlord and thaks for showing me round your lightweight.
I think my gearbox could do with some more EP90 after the drive home it got a tad warm and started to make some new noises
Cam
1980 SIII Lightweight GS 15HG59
1966 3/4 Ton Sankey 19ES51
1968 3/4 Ton Sankey 33ET83 - deceased and partly stolen
1980 SIII Lightweight GS 15HG59
1966 3/4 Ton Sankey 19ES51
1968 3/4 Ton Sankey 33ET83 - deceased and partly stolen
Re: Not quite a newbie
Hello there welcome
Rob.
Chairman and Webmaster.
1972 Series III Lightweight GS 200Tdi
----------------------------------------------------------
Chairman and Webmaster.
1972 Series III Lightweight GS 200Tdi
----------------------------------------------------------
Re: Not quite a newbie
Back Again.as requested by a couple of members here is the lowdown on my other car,
A 1958 Austin Cambridge A55 Mk 1,
Have owned it for 10 years and is the reason I bought another project,
There is nothing more I can do to it, all work has been done by me and a coupla friends roped in to shout at,it has won several prizes in classic car shows but this is not the reason I enter, its for the fun and friendly atmoshere at the shows, which I am glad to say also extends to the Military shows and Forums,
If you watched BBC3 or BBC2 last year the car featured in an episode of "Britains Best Drives" where Richard Wilson, (I Don't Believe It) celebrated 50 years of the Motorway by using cars of the era and 50 year old Tourists Guides,by attempting to destroy as many gearboxes as he could, a feat he achieved with the Moggy Minor.
Some Piccies........................



A 1958 Austin Cambridge A55 Mk 1,
Have owned it for 10 years and is the reason I bought another project,
There is nothing more I can do to it, all work has been done by me and a coupla friends roped in to shout at,it has won several prizes in classic car shows but this is not the reason I enter, its for the fun and friendly atmoshere at the shows, which I am glad to say also extends to the Military shows and Forums,
If you watched BBC3 or BBC2 last year the car featured in an episode of "Britains Best Drives" where Richard Wilson, (I Don't Believe It) celebrated 50 years of the Motorway by using cars of the era and 50 year old Tourists Guides,by attempting to destroy as many gearboxes as he could, a feat he achieved with the Moggy Minor.
Some Piccies........................



Steve
74 FM 18, a 1974 series 3 Ex Northern Ireland 24 Volt FFR VPK.
74 FM 18, a 1974 series 3 Ex Northern Ireland 24 Volt FFR VPK.
Re: Not quite a newbie
Fantastic looking motor!!!

Rudolf Hess was the editor of mine Kampf, so was he the first grammar nazi?
Tring, Hertfordshire
Re: Not quite a newbie
I'm green with envy Chaos what a beauty. 
Cam
1980 SIII Lightweight GS 15HG59
1966 3/4 Ton Sankey 19ES51
1968 3/4 Ton Sankey 33ET83 - deceased and partly stolen
1980 SIII Lightweight GS 15HG59
1966 3/4 Ton Sankey 19ES51
1968 3/4 Ton Sankey 33ET83 - deceased and partly stolen