Winterised Equipment

Discuss specialist military equipment i.e. Night Vision Goggles, Magellan GPS, Special Forces Kit, Abseil equipment, Diving and Aquatic gear etc
Jon S
Posts: 452
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:01 am

Re: Winterised Equipment

Post by Jon S » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:52 am

Didn't realise you were looking for an additional LWT to winterise, I agree, probably best not to mess with your TDi block at this stage.

You mention the guy you bought the bits off having photos. Any chance of getting them for reference? I am still on the look out for photos of winterised LWTs in service.

The black silicon hose route is definitely the way to go. My original hoses are looking very cracked and I would not want to run with them. Once I get the vehicle stripped, I intend to review how the hose adaptor actually fits into the block. It seems the most vulnerable part of the system and could cause a big problem if it failed.

Regards

User avatar
StuWright
Master Baker
Posts: 1740
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:10 pm
Location: Southampton

Re: Winterised Equipment

Post by StuWright » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:41 am

Jon S wrote:Didn't realise you were looking for an additional LWT to winterise, I agree, probably best not to mess with your TDi block at this stage.

You mention the guy you bought the bits off having photos. Any chance of getting them for reference? I am still on the look out for photos of winterised LWTs in service.

The black silicon hose route is definitely the way to go. My original hoses are looking very cracked and I would not want to run with them. Once I get the vehicle stripped, I intend to review how the hose adaptor actually fits into the block. It seems the most vulnerable part of the system and could cause a big problem if it failed.

Regards
The person with the photos was the one who stripped it out and they were only of a standard looking Lwt. I will however when the guy who is going to sell me the next parts is ready I will assist him stripping the parts out and take lots of photos myself to make sure we get them. The only parts not installed currently are the vents and heater pipes.

I have a contact for the pipes so once we know the exact sizes needed for all the pipes I could get a price for 3-4 sets.
Thanks

Stu

55AM52 Ex RAF Land Rover Lightweight GS

User avatar
StuWright
Master Baker
Posts: 1740
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:10 pm
Location: Southampton

Re: Winterised Equipment

Post by StuWright » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:09 am

I am still looking at putting together some complete sets of Winterised heating kit. I’ve recently picked up another heater box which although is exactly the same lightweight type, it’s made bt a different manufacturer. I will post picture when it arrives.

One part I still haven’t found yet is the pipe adapter for the engine. It goes under the thermostat housing.
Thanks

Stu

55AM52 Ex RAF Land Rover Lightweight GS

Post Reply