Trades description...

Any Land Rover related info can be posted here.
Post Reply
Day VG
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 1:22 pm
Location: Geelong, Australia

Trades description...

Post by Day VG » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:25 pm

This made me laugh.

Having been asked what I wanted for my birthday, I provided the following link to my family in the UK. My indicator lens is cracked:

Image

After a few weeks of waiting, I received the following in the post forwarded on from the supplier:

Image

:lol: If you look closely, you can even see the runs in the 'paint'!

I suppose at least it is 'genuine' in that it is a Lucas part, just not the one I want, or brand new, or amber.
With a bit of alcohol, the colour rubs off easily, so a spare sidelight will be handy.

Here's a comparison:

Image

Amazing what people will try to get away with.

Gordon Bennett
Maître Pâtissier
Posts: 7422
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:21 pm

Re: Trades description...

Post by Gordon Bennett » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:34 pm

That's shocking :shock:

A good indicator of the seller's integrity!

Rgds,
Gordon

Vlaanderen

Re: Trades description...

Post by Vlaanderen » Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:07 pm

Hi to all,

Been and had a look in the boxes of plenty.
Dayvg.jpg
Dayvg.jpg (350.92 KiB) Viewed 2148 times
Found these two, both N.O.S., one looked slightly odd, so after a little bit of rubbing, found to be a sidelight.

E-Mail me your details to Flandersfields@btinternet.com and I'll get the good one off in the post for you this week.

Regards, Norman.

User avatar
removeduser185
Cake Guru
Posts: 3531
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:37 pm

Re: Trades description...

Post by removeduser185 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:16 pm

Nice that you can laugh, given the expense and disappointment. I hope you sent it back and got a refund because suppliers, particularly trade suppliers who run a business mustn't be allowed to get way with this sort of thing. The original price is too high anyway.

You and you family have my sympathy.

Fred

Day VG
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 1:22 pm
Location: Geelong, Australia

Re: Trades description...

Post by Day VG » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:05 pm

Yes, sometimes all you can do is laugh...

Hi Norman, that's a really kind offer - this forum is awesome. 8-) I'm in Australia though, so I'll cover the P&P. I'll drop you an email.

Dave

Oneandtwo
Posts: 242
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:53 am

Re: Trades description...

Post by Oneandtwo » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:43 pm

I placed an order with the same supplier and received a clear dash light instead of an amber one (stc662 from memory). I also ordered genuine LR synchro rings and received oem ones at best (made by county who I haven't heard or seen anything produced by them for many years). All the other genuine parts were in clear bags so no indicator of their origin. Not impressed!

Vlaanderen

Re: Trades description...

Post by Vlaanderen » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:18 am

Day VG wrote:Yes, sometimes all you can do is laugh...

Hi Norman, that's a really kind offer - this forum is awesome. 8-) I'm in Australia though, so I'll cover the P&P. I'll drop you an email.

Dave
Hi Dave,

If you see my sister Valery when you're on walkabout would you tell her it's her turn to E-Mail me.

Forget the P&P, give a donation to RSL DefenceCare Charity. :D

Regards, Norman.

Day VG
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 1:22 pm
Location: Geelong, Australia

Re: Trades description...

Post by Day VG » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:16 pm

:-salut-: Ledgend! Done :!

Post Reply