Search found 322 matches

by Callum123
Sun Jan 26, 2025 7:23 pm
Forum: Problems
Topic: Turns out it’s not the gearbox tunnel!!!?
Replies: 10
Views: 8727

Re: Turns out it’s not the gearbox tunnel!!!?

You can see it here
by Callum123
Sun Jan 26, 2025 7:19 pm
Forum: Problems
Topic: Turns out it’s not the gearbox tunnel!!!?
Replies: 10
Views: 8727

Re: Turns out it’s not the gearbox tunnel!!!?

So I think I’ve found the culprit! All the body measures up perfect so I can only assume the gearbox to too far back by 2 inches!!! Me and a couple pals were scratching our heads so we took the engine mounts off and we decided that if we elongated the gearbox mounts and re fab the engine mounts we c...
by Callum123
Tue Jan 21, 2025 8:25 pm
Forum: Problems
Topic: Turns out it’s not the gearbox tunnel!!!?
Replies: 10
Views: 8727

Re: Turns out it’s not the gearbox tunnel!!!?

Thanks you I’m not really sure where I’m going wrong but from what I can see I’m about an inch short in room for the gearbox tunnel. At first I thought it was the tunnel it’s self but now I’m thinking it must be the seat box it’s self.
by Callum123
Mon Jan 20, 2025 2:25 pm
Forum: Problems
Topic: Turns out it’s not the gearbox tunnel!!!?
Replies: 10
Views: 8727

Re: Turns out it’s not the gearbox tunnel!!!?

Does anyone have the dimensions of what a seat box should measure it looks like mine is about 2 inches too big!
from bulkhead to the face.
by Callum123
Mon Jan 20, 2025 2:24 pm
Forum: Problems
Topic: Turns out it’s not the gearbox tunnel!!!?
Replies: 10
Views: 8727

Turns out it’s not the gearbox tunnel!!!?

So I was struggling to get the gearbox tunnel to fit and as it turns out, I actually think it could be the seat box!
by Callum123
Sat Dec 28, 2024 5:13 pm
Forum: Your Land Rover Projects
Topic: lightweight v8 project
Replies: 239
Views: 78442

Re: lightweight v8 project

So I have no shims under the front of the rear tub it’s tight, I’ve measured the bulkhead to the rear tub and all 3 points measure up the same which is good news. I’m tempted to elongate the holes on the hinge to free some space between the door and the bulkhead. As it stands the door to bulkhead ga...
by Callum123
Sat Dec 28, 2024 5:09 pm
Forum: Your Land Rover Projects
Topic: lightweight v8 project
Replies: 239
Views: 78442

Re: lightweight v8 project

I was messing around today I removed two washers on the drivers side so now both sides have four washers. Thisean bow the floor holes just about align. I was looking at my string longer again and when I lift it from the front wing everything lines up, apart from the very front now looks 12mm to low....
by Callum123
Sun Dec 22, 2024 10:11 am
Forum: Your Land Rover Projects
Topic: lightweight v8 project
Replies: 239
Views: 78442

Re: lightweight v8 project

So not actually sure what that means! To me perhaps the front needs to come up or maybe take a few washers out of the bulkhead bolt
by Callum123
Thu Dec 19, 2024 6:31 am
Forum: Your Land Rover Projects
Topic: lightweight v8 project
Replies: 239
Views: 78442

Re: lightweight v8 project

Some solid advice there gentlemen thanks! I’ll get back up to the workshop on Sunday and I’ll post pictures of the results! I’ve ordered a new gearbox tunnel so I’m hoping that helps the situation there! The footwells are replacements, to be honest a lot of the body panels have been which makes me v...
by Callum123
Wed Dec 18, 2024 7:58 pm
Forum: Problems
Topic: Gearbox tunnel variations ?
Replies: 3
Views: 2925

Re: Gearbox tunnel variations ?

Right I’ll order that one I saw online I don’t want to mess around with a civy one :D then from there I can see how it all fits