Page 1 of 1

Hiya, New member here!

Posted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:26 pm
by nipperdog
Hello all, I was introduced to this website by Gordon who I met at Driffield, and have had a little look around, everyone seems very friendly and I am sure I will be bombarding you with questions as they arise! I own a 1976 (I think) Series 3 LWT, although I have yet to dig into her military history. She is called Olwyn as her reg is OLW 899P, her full name is Olwyn The Brave (she will need to be brave for all the stuff we need to do to get her roadworthy)! She sat unused on a driveway for 12 months before we bought her and was stolen recovered, so her electrics were a mess were the thieving toads had torn out her wiring. So far we have had her re-wired and she starts well and all her electrics are going well, she needs new hub seals and a roof as we have just removed the hard top. She also needs lots of TLC, oh and a new upper bulkhead, seat belts, battery moving for a middle seat and no doubt lots more stuff which will shall be discovered in due course. Thankfully my hubby is mechanically minded, and he just tells me what needs doing and I do it, yesterday saw me scrubbing the diff pans and scraping goodness knows how much muck off the underside of the wheel arches. We also have a Series 3 88" hardtop at the moment, and a 3 yr old who thankfully loves tinkering on the Landies!

Re: Hiya, New member here!

Posted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:41 pm
by ray109
welcome to the forum ,
sure your get all the advice you need here

Re: Hiya, New member here!

Posted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:58 pm
by indibush
Hi welcome to the forum. Sounds like you've got your work cut out there. You'll find plenty of knowledgeable folk round here, shame I'm not one of them, so if you need to know anything just ask.
Indi.

Re: Hiya, New member here!

Posted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:16 pm
by Gordon Bennett
Hi nipperdog,

Really glad you decided to join us :D. Looking forward to seeing pictures of 'Olwyn The Brave' here with the pictures of other members vehicles. Just ask away if you need anything, and if we don't know the answers, we can help you find someone who does. Everyone seems to have their specialist areas of knowledge, so collectively we can get through most things. Even Indibush has his areas of expertise, we just haven't discovered them yet :lol: only joking Indi.

Best regards,
Gordon & Val

Re: Hiya, New member here!

Posted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:52 pm
by cam3r0n
Hi nipperdog

Welcome to you and Olwyn The Brave (great name! :))

We owned ours for a year before my girlfriend Kim named ours "Mule", the attitude seems to be right.

Ask as many questions as you like we only require photos for payment ;)

Re: Hiya, New member here!

Posted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:41 am
by nipperdog
I did have a go at posting some photos but they were too big, so I will have to have a mess around and find out how to upload them, looking forward to showing her off! (Even if she is a bit messy yet). Today I am going to clean up and wire wool the lights to get the old paint off, and I might clean up the second headlight if I am feeling brave, have already done one, blimey what a lot of parts to get back in the right order! Eeek!

Re: Hiya, New member here!

Posted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:47 am
by landymad
welcome nipperdog :)