Page 1 of 1

New boy

Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:55 pm
by Rich Canterbury
:mrgreen:

Good evening all,

I was directed to this site by Val and Gordan @ Driffield LRO show (nice to have met you both).

It's good to se a group where lightweights are appreciated in all forms, modified or standard, the military lightweight has always been a favorite of mine andhave always wanted to own one, however it needed to be one that would fit my needs, I have a defender 90 for a daily runner so the lightweight is just a toy, I built one from ground up purely for speed events, racing in comp safari events, hoping to get some pics on here soon.

Just in the process of working my way through the site, but liking wha I see so far :mrgreen:

Re: New boy

Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:57 pm
by norcoatomique
Hi! and a very warm welcome to ya! D. :geek:

Re: New boy

Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 9:23 pm
by Rich Canterbury
Must remember to use spellcheck before posting :oops:

Included a pic of my LWT racer.

Re: New boy

Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 9:26 pm
by Gordon Bennett
Hi Rich,

You're most welcome to our little community :D

It was great to meet up with you and we really like your LWT. We included a picture of it in the Driffield Show review which you should find as you look around the site.

I'll send the Q&A form tomorrow from work and then we can add your Landy to the site.

If you have any comments or suggestions to improve the site, they would be most welcome.

Brilliant picture :D

Never trust spell-checkers...what do they know :shock:

Best regards,
Gordon & Val

Re: New boy

Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 9:27 pm
by cam3r0n
Wow! :o

Thats the coolest thing I have ever seen! Can I have a go?

How fast were you going when you took off?

Oh and welcome. :D

Re: New boy

Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 9:37 pm
by Rich Canterbury
Cheers Gordan & Val, Lok foraward to seeing my lwt graceing your pages :D

Just seen Val's red one, I saw that on ebay, came soooooo close to bidding myself but already had a full drive, garage and 2 rented lockups!!! :(

Thanks Cam, glad you like it, think each time I hit that hump I was reving out in 2nd so probably only about 40 mph (dont really get time to check the speedo though!!). We race with the northern off road club and spectators are always welcome, nerves of steel and a change of undercrackers may be required for a run in the navigators seat though ;)
Have a look at our calendar of events and see if there's one near to you.

Re: New boy

Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:58 pm
by indibush
Welcome to the forum Rich.
Indi.

Re: New boy

Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:53 am
by cam3r0n
Rich Canterbury wrote:nerves of steel and a change of undercrackers may be required for a run in the navigators seat though ;)
Nerves of steel, Check
Deathwish, Check
Spare Undercrackers, Check
Adrenalin Addiction, Check

Where do I sign?

This has reminded me that it's only a few months before I do a Bungee off a crane by Tower Bridge! Yippie.

Re: New boy

Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 2:55 pm
by landymad
Hi Rich, good to see you on here :) love the pic's mate fantastic :o

Re: New boy

Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:06 pm
by ray109
welcome here , enjoy yourself, :D