Page 1 of 1

Brake Lights u/s

Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2024 7:18 pm
by fire3
Evening all
Im in the process of wiring up the nato 12 pin socket, I've hooked it up and all seams to work ok but now I have lost the brake lights.

I have replaced and checked the brake light switch, checked the earth connections and checked the bulbs, all are ok.

could it be the relay? which one runs the stop lights.

many thanks
Ad

Re: Brake Lights u/s

Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2024 8:06 am
by AR4412
Hi Ad,

Have the hazard lights stopped working as well as the brake lights? Do you have power on the Brown/Yellow wire at the rear of the Six Way Lighting Switch or the Fusebox? Is the IR Switch activated? Have you turned the Six Way Switch back too far and gone into the Convoy postion? (Trying to keep it simple to start with.)

Regards,

Re: Brake Lights u/s

Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2024 7:56 pm
by fire3
Many thanks for the reply.
Managed to sort it out, turned out to be the bulb holders where badly corroded as where the bullet connectors.

I’ve replaced them all now and all is working fine.

Re: Brake Lights u/s

Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2024 8:37 pm
by AR4412
Glad to hear that it was a simple fix and that your lights are sorted. :haddock:

Regards,