S3 Lightweight for sale
Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 6:15 pm
My Lightweight is for sale.
Sadly I have to part with it due to my mobility being increasingly impaired. I had to part with my fabulous 101 several years ago when my progressive RA made using it too difficult. I bought the Lightweight as a consolation from a respected Lightweight Club member in the Wirral in 2013 and drove it home to London with no issues.
I have enjoyed it over the years including the LR London to Brighton as well as the Brooklands off-road tracks. Now my impairment means it has not had the tic it deserves.
Galvanised chassis and the 2.28 petrol 12v. Weber carb with K&N. Starts and runs nicely. Tilt is now very fragile and door seals are required as well clutch flexible and some seals.
Body in generally good order and it comes with the overdrive unfitted as the PO thought it noisy. An easily repairable bulkhead panel came with the Landy for future refurb possibly. Lots of small bits such as under bonnet toolbox (repro), spare working heater and other bits too.
A V8 was fitted many years ago but the PO took the Landy over from a relative and put the 2.28 back in.
Offered on here first before anywhere else as it wouldn't be difficult or too expensive for any enthusiast on here to bring up to pristine.
I'm looking for around £5250.00. Photos can be provided on request as I can't seem to put any on with this ad.
Based in London SW15.
Thanks for looking.
John
Sadly I have to part with it due to my mobility being increasingly impaired. I had to part with my fabulous 101 several years ago when my progressive RA made using it too difficult. I bought the Lightweight as a consolation from a respected Lightweight Club member in the Wirral in 2013 and drove it home to London with no issues.
I have enjoyed it over the years including the LR London to Brighton as well as the Brooklands off-road tracks. Now my impairment means it has not had the tic it deserves.
Galvanised chassis and the 2.28 petrol 12v. Weber carb with K&N. Starts and runs nicely. Tilt is now very fragile and door seals are required as well clutch flexible and some seals.
Body in generally good order and it comes with the overdrive unfitted as the PO thought it noisy. An easily repairable bulkhead panel came with the Landy for future refurb possibly. Lots of small bits such as under bonnet toolbox (repro), spare working heater and other bits too.
A V8 was fitted many years ago but the PO took the Landy over from a relative and put the 2.28 back in.
Offered on here first before anywhere else as it wouldn't be difficult or too expensive for any enthusiast on here to bring up to pristine.
I'm looking for around £5250.00. Photos can be provided on request as I can't seem to put any on with this ad.
Based in London SW15.
Thanks for looking.
John