Page 1 of 1
This looks interesting
Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:56 pm
by danster
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1981-Land-Ro ... 635-2958-0 Don’t know if anyone else has seen this but it’s ex securecor, not seen anything like it before.
Obvs nothing to do with me
Re: This looks interesting
Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:04 pm
by landymad
I'd seen that the other day, very odd. Wouldn't of thought it would be an obvious choice as a securecor vehicle.
Re: This looks interesting
Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:45 pm
by danster
No a lot of work has gone into it, where would you start? Put it back to original or keep it as a securicor vehicle?
Re: This looks interesting
Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:09 pm
by AR4412
I saw that the other day, and I too thought that's an interesting vehicle.
I also thought what would you do? Refurbish it as it is, an ex Securicor vehicle, or return it to military originality?
It would probably cost more to return it to original than to rebuild it in it's current guise.
Regards,
Re: This looks interesting
Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:22 pm
by danster
Yeah I think a lot of work has gone into making it what it is, think it would be impractical to get it back to what it was
Might do a bit of digging see if I can find anything else about it.
Re: This looks interesting
Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:30 pm
by AR4412
I'd be interested to hear of anything you did find out about it.
Regards,
Re: This looks interesting
Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:16 pm
by AR4412
I can't take credit for finding this similar type of vehicle, it was pointed out to me by a good friend, so I thought I would post up a link to it.
http://www.dunsfold.com/vehicles.php
Regards,
Re: This looks interesting
Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:26 pm
by Cornish Rattler
It could have been a tow vehicle for securicor for towing transit's in

Re: This looks interesting
Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:52 pm
by AR4412
It's re-appeared for sale on the bay. The sale price has increased slightly. But then, the foliage growing all over has been removed, and the inside has been tidied out. Not sure that that equates to a £2.5k price rise, but maybe he charges one hell of an hourly rate for his labour.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334250951855 ... Sw8FxhtKXy
Regards,
Re: This looks interesting
Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:46 am
by AR4412
It appears that the seller has ended the sale of the vehicle this morning.
Regards,