seat cushion brackets

If you have encountered or solved a problem post here
Post Reply
airportableffr
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:56 am

seat cushion brackets

Post by airportableffr » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:48 pm

never seen these in the flesh before, but someone is now reproducing them.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Land-Rover-S ... SwrLxgZJEw

do the cushions sit up on the raised bit? If so I will have to pass as with my height I need them as low as possible so I can see under the windscreen top. :roll:

MG Mal
Posts: 399
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:07 pm
Location: Westbury BA13

Re: seat cushion brackets

Post by MG Mal » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:20 pm

Good spot.
There have been a number of members looking for these items, as they are fitted to post 1980 vehicles, unlike earlier models where the seat base is bolted to the seat box lids, post 1980 models have these.

Due to most being missing, a "Bodge" has often had to be made to secure the seats.
Yes, the seat bases sit "on top" of the rails, with metal tabs secured to the rear that slide under the "top hats" that overlap the rails at the rear.

I need a couple of these, so glad you spotted them.

Regards,

Mal.

Ridgy
Pastry Chef
Posts: 677
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:35 pm
Location: Essex

Re: seat cushion brackets

Post by Ridgy » Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:37 pm

Did you notice who the seller is? It's Mark Cook (88LR on here).

I suspect he'll be ring a roaring trade in these.

Mark, if you see this, will you be doing the parts individually at all? I have the rails but not the other fixings.

Cheers

Steve
57 KB 58 1983 SIII GS Lightweight

airportableffr
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:56 am

Re: seat cushion brackets

Post by airportableffr » Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:11 pm

MG Mal wrote: ↑
Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:20 pm

Due to most being missing, a "Bodge" has often had to be made to secure the seats.
Yes, the seat bases sit "on top" of the rails, with metal tabs secured to the rear that slide under the "top hats" that overlap the rails at the rear.
Yep my seat lids are a bodge and the seat brackets too (aluminium angle) so despite the height issue I decided what the hell I have to get some of these for originality sake.

Thanks for doing these Mark

User avatar
AR4412
Maître Pâtissier
Posts: 8936
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:31 am
Location: Bedford

Re: seat cushion brackets

Post by AR4412 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:06 am

Ridgy wrote: ↑
Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:37 pm
Mark, if you see this, will you be doing the parts individually at all? I have the rails but not the other fixings.
Hiya Steve! :D ,

I think Mark heard you, and has answered your prayers.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Land-Rover-S ... Sw4pNgZfyJ

Regards,
For Those That Have Had To Fight for It, Life Has Truly A Flavour The Protected Will Never Know.

'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'

Neil.

09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.

Ridgy
Pastry Chef
Posts: 677
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:35 pm
Location: Essex

Re: seat cushion brackets

Post by Ridgy » Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:26 pm

Thank you kindly Neil!

Cheers

Steve
57 KB 58 1983 SIII GS Lightweight

MG Mal
Posts: 399
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:07 pm
Location: Westbury BA13

Re: seat cushion brackets

Post by MG Mal » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:00 pm

Well,

Thanks to Mark (88LR) I will now be able to fit my seat bases properly :D

And I have ordered an extra 2 pair for my other late 80's LWt which is a few years down the line, but as they say "Get them while you can". ;)

Regards,

Mal.

Post Reply