Page 1 of 2

"A fine example"

Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:26 pm
by Bob Fell
KYA772T is a fine example of the Series ... ver 09GX96
Yes it certainly is a fine example, of s**t.
Unbelievable :lol:
Bob

Re: "A fine example"

Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:23 pm
by removeduser185
Where did you see it, Bob? I can't follow your link - it goes to a page entitled "Forbidden" - have you been surfing the dark web again? :lol:

Re: "A fine example"

Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:51 pm
by airportableffr
first ad i've seen that lists 'screw-off side light lens' as a feature :? .

Re: "A fine example"

Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:19 pm
by diffwhine

Re: "A fine example"

Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:27 pm
by Johnsboy
Found it by googling it’s reg number.
I like the convoy garden gate style front bumpers. Must remember that when I see a civvy bumper with bumperettes :lol:

Re: "A fine example"

Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:23 pm
by fv1620
"would benefit from a good run and they break service"

Yes, runaway & I'm sure they at a breaker's yard would be of service : )

Re: "A fine example"

Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:37 pm
by removeduser185
This company often advertise some real heaps - interestingly, they seem to sell - there's a white one which they were selling which is now in their "sold" list - goodness knows who bought it. But, yes, this one is another horror of theirs. There is nothing to like about it at all. I wouldn't go near a vehicle with LPG which an owner has allowed to get into that condition. And, is that a cracked front chassis member? And a lacy rear cross member? It's interesting, though, as the company claims to be Land Rover specialists, yet they describe their Lightweight stock as if they've never come across one before - it's really bizarre.

Re: "A fine example"

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:13 am
by diffwhine
Not actually sure if there is a barge pole long enough for that one...
Somebody suitable deluded with Lockdown Cabin Fever will buy it though. Usually it seems to be a middle aged man with no sense and deep pockets who lives in this neck of the woods (Surrey). That is if any of the other rubbish I've seen bought recently by aforesaid mentioned gentlemen is anything to go by.
Why won't these people stop, engage brain and take advice?

Re: "A fine example"

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:21 am
by Roymck
I don’t know a lot about Lightweights but even I can see that’s horrible . Has it been parked in a field for 10 years ?

Re: "A fine example"

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:33 am
by hibbo
What do we think it's worth,,,,,, I'll start of at £3500. And there is something very wrong with the way that front bumper is fixed on.
Oh and the bridge plate looks like a paint tin lid to me🤔.