Page 1 of 1
Replacement hood
Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:24 pm
by fire3
Afternoon all.
I'm after a new hood as mine is past its best, I've tried repeatedly to contact under cover covers but never get a reply via their website and they never answer the phone.
Does anyone have updated contact info for them?
Many thanks
Re: Replacement hood
Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:22 pm
by brinv8
They can be a little slow answering the phone, it is quicker and easier to just send them an e-mail.
Re: Replacement hood
Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:07 pm
by longlegslandyman
fire3 wrote: ↑Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:24 pm
Afternoon all.
I'm after a new hood as mine is past its best, I've tried repeatedly to contact under cover covers but never get a reply via their website and they never answer the phone.
Does anyone have updated contact info for them?
Many thanks
Id give up with undercover covers i placed a order 28th august meant to be a 4-6 week lead time and then herd nothing emailed last week some woman replied said she would chase up Rhys who took the order and nothing again.
If you want one this year i think you will be lucky.
Crap company to deal with in my experience ,reputed to be the best quality hoods but what a faff trying to get one from them.
Im about to give up with them.
Re: Replacement hood
Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:10 am
by Birdbrain
I bought one off them during lockdown - had no problem at all. Emailed them. Got a price. Rang up & placed order & it arrived 2 weeks later. Fantastic quality compared to the Exmoor trim hood fitted when I got the vehicle. Persevere - it’s worth it
Re: Replacement hood
Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:44 am
by MG Mal
Undercover Covers have had to down size staff in the past due to it's main customer, the MOD sourcing tilts etc elsewhere.
Recently, the MOD found it could not get new covers for a lot of its none land rover fleet from the original suppliers, and aproached Comptons (UCC) to contract them to supply.
Typically the MOD dropped a large order on them, with less notice than I understand was agreed, and for various types!
Obviously, due to far less staff than when previously supplying the MOD etc, they are very busy and sometimes can't get to the phone as quickly as we would like.
It's great that the MOD has returned to them for supplying tilts etc, but unfortunately it means the likes of us have to wait a tad longer, and sometimes put up with poor comms.
They do still welcome visitors to "pop in", and an email in the first instance is always best as it "starts a comms trail" they can follow up on.
It may be worth emailing to see if they are attending Malvern Militaria show, which I believe is still "On", as they often bring a number of LWT tilts with them, as well as pre ordered tilts.
Stick with it if you can, the quality and fit is worth the wait.
Regards,
Mal.
Re: Replacement hood
Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:12 pm
by fire3
Many thanks for the replies.
Managed to get through to them, now which colour should I order?

- 2313514F-E8F0-4E88-B4E9-4B3DE16927B9.jpeg (1018.76 KiB) Viewed 1650 times
Re: Replacement hood
Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:05 am
by longlegslandyman
Best of luck i have lost faith in undercover covers.
I placed my order 11 weeks ago confirmed by email just like you need to, i chose olive .
Chased them up over a week ago said they would find out and reply. But nothing heard.
Useless company.
Going to go else where now .
Re: Replacement hood
Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:34 pm
by Foz31
I received a new tilt from Comptons just before Christmas. It’s top quality and fits well, but it did take a couple of attempts to get it made. I confirmed my order by email then chased it up with emails and eventually a phone call after hearing nothing for a couple of months. Spoke to Lorraine and she apologized, saying Rhys keeps a lot of the orders in his head!
It then arrived promptly (went for dark khaki with side windows to help visibility at junctions).
Suggest you call to get a clear response. Good luck.