Page 1 of 15
Another Sankey in Germany
Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:32 pm
by Fossibear
Good evening,
the day after tomorrow I‘ll fetch my Sankey NT
Here a first question: does there exist a similar history for trailers as for other vehicles in the British Army?
On Saturday I will see how readable the id- plate is.
Then will come the first pics too,
Steve
Re: Another Sankey in Germany
Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:26 pm
by fv1620
Yes
Check & see if they have it here:
http://www.rlcarchive.org/VehicleSrch
Re: Another Sankey in Germany
Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:57 pm
by Fossibear
Hi,
now I‘ve got my Sankey trailer
After I have tried to fill the fields with the dares I have got now at rlcarchive I get now answers
Perhaps does someone here know how I can find something about my trailer (perhaps the units of serving and the numberplate (32 ET 43?) and year of begin of service?

- B5970733-BCAE-4EA2-8D38-C2CD3FBAE0F2.jpeg (2 MiB) Viewed 17373 times

- 7DD977F4-5562-4BFD-884F-56F202978004.jpeg (3.66 MiB) Viewed 17373 times

- 309499C2-1E9E-4D70-93D0-CAA95A8363B4.jpeg (2.27 MiB) Viewed 17373 times
[attachment=0]A9C36BA0-47C4-41C7-AC65-6C0E6AD84BE9.jpeg[/
Would be very kind,
Steve
Re: Another Sankey in Germany
Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:14 pm
by fv1620
Fossibear wrote: ↑Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:57 pm
After I have tried to fill the fields with the dares I have got now at rlcarchive I get now answers
They do hold the records for your trailer. Just enter it as 32ET43 not as 32 ET 43 & leave the other lines blank
Re: Another Sankey in Germany
Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:20 pm
by Fossibear
Ah, ok, thank you!
Steve
Re: Another Sankey in Germany
Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:20 pm
by Fossibear
Hi,
can someone tell me, in which year my Sankey could have come into service while the numberplate is 32 ET 43?
Regards, Steve
Re: Another Sankey in Germany
Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:35 pm
by AR4412
Hi Steve,
I believe that ET should put your trailer somewhere around 1966/67.
Regards,
Re: Another Sankey in Germany
Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:37 pm
by Fossibear
Wow, so old it could be?
Thank you very much Neil!
Regards, Steve
Re: Another Sankey in Germany
Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:50 pm
by Fossibear
Well, meanwhile I have put of the more or less smaller parts of my Sankey.
I am so happy, that every screw and nut came of with normal manpower.
The layers of colours and some underbody protection stuff have protected the most of the threads.
Sorrowly the plug with the 12 Pins is missing and I want to ask here, whether someone here has got one and can sell it to me?
Have a nice weekend,
Steve
Re: Another Sankey in Germany
Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:20 pm
by Fossibear
Today again worked on my Sanky.
The tub I put down last days already. Now I made off the loose parts of colour and I found this:

- 98489620-D561-4038-80AB-542E44DAC1F6.jpeg (875.84 KiB) Viewed 17013 times
What does this sign mean? Can somebody tell me?
And I have a question with the rings in the tub: how are they fixed?
Regards, Steve