05KD65 - The last one :)
05KD65 - The last one :)
Picked it up last night and spent this morning giving it a good jet washing to see what its looking like.
Plenty of cosmetic stuff to be going on but not as bad as it first looked, still appears to be the original Red Arrows paint job from 1985.
Chassis is solid once all the flaky stuff has been scrubbed off so first job will probably be to get that sorted and sealed.
Plenty of cosmetic stuff to be going on but not as bad as it first looked, still appears to be the original Red Arrows paint job from 1985.
Chassis is solid once all the flaky stuff has been scrubbed off so first job will probably be to get that sorted and sealed.
05KD63, 1985 24v 90A
05KD65, 1985 24v 90A (Red Arrows)
05KD65, 1985 24v 90A (Red Arrows)
Re: 05KD65 - The last one :)
Looking good, just need to get that polish out now. Last time I saw that (mid 1985) at Biggin Hill, it shone like a beacon.
Brian
56FL65 - LWT FFR 24v
61FL39 / 94AV44 - 101 RHD Radio Body 12v
55KL83 - Harley-Davidson MT350
- - - - - - - Can Am Bombardier 250
56FL65 - LWT FFR 24v
61FL39 / 94AV44 - 101 RHD Radio Body 12v
55KL83 - Harley-Davidson MT350
- - - - - - - Can Am Bombardier 250
Re: 05KD65 - The last one :)
you don't have any pics do you? 
05KD63, 1985 24v 90A
05KD65, 1985 24v 90A (Red Arrows)
05KD65, 1985 24v 90A (Red Arrows)
Re: 05KD65 - The last one :)
great purchase on the Lwt. A fair price for a good vehicle in my opinion.
Rob.
Chairman and Webmaster.
1972 Series III Lightweight GS 200Tdi
----------------------------------------------------------
Chairman and Webmaster.
1972 Series III Lightweight GS 200Tdi
----------------------------------------------------------
Re: 05KD65 - The last one :)
I was happy with the price given it's history and the fact it will sit nicely next to my other truck 05KD63 in the shed
Wasn't bidding against anyone on here was I ?
05KD63, 1985 24v 90A
05KD65, 1985 24v 90A (Red Arrows)
05KD65, 1985 24v 90A (Red Arrows)
Re: 05KD65 - The last one :)
That has come up a treat for just having a wash.
I am insanely jealous as I was going to have a bid on this myself, but lack of storage made me think otherwise as I wouldn't want to leave it on the street or unguarded overnight at work. The guys at work were egging me on to go for it. I'm glad it has gone to a good home and a forum member, and that you got it for a good price. I would have gone higher than you got it for, but not by much. Well done.
Regards,
I am insanely jealous as I was going to have a bid on this myself, but lack of storage made me think otherwise as I wouldn't want to leave it on the street or unguarded overnight at work. The guys at work were egging me on to go for it. I'm glad it has gone to a good home and a forum member, and that you got it for a good price. I would have gone higher than you got it for, but not by much. Well done.
Regards,
For Those That Have Had To Fight for It, Life Has Truly A Flavour The Protected Will Never Know.
'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'
Neil.
09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.
'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'
Neil.
09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.
Re: 05KD65 - The last one :)
Life is good it makes me smile so you must like the Cheshire cat and some Great .
Re: 05KD65 - The last one :)
Unfortunately I have no photos, as at the time, my interest was in 1940-45 Canadian Military Pattern vehicles and 101's. However, I will have a look through some of the more general airfield shots and see if I can see any with the lightweight in.
Brian
56FL65 - LWT FFR 24v
61FL39 / 94AV44 - 101 RHD Radio Body 12v
55KL83 - Harley-Davidson MT350
- - - - - - - Can Am Bombardier 250
56FL65 - LWT FFR 24v
61FL39 / 94AV44 - 101 RHD Radio Body 12v
55KL83 - Harley-Davidson MT350
- - - - - - - Can Am Bombardier 250
Re: 05KD65 - The last one :)
Congratulations on purchasing such an interesting lightweight ! Any chance of it being at the 50th anniversary in July so we can see it in the flesh ! Cheers Martin
series 2a lightweight 40 FG 24. Landrover wolf 90 LN 92 AA Landrover 101 24v FFR 74 FL 87 EX 12AD RAPIER LAUNCHER. Landrover 101 12v RHD 73 FL 30 EX 7 PARA
Re: 05KD65 - The last one :)
Been out with the Tcut today and it's now looking quite presentable.......
Couple of shots with it's sister 05KD63
Has anyone seen these cargo guards before? Looking at the pics from when it was in service it looked like it had them fitted then as well, also pair of rifle mounts...
also pair of rifle mounts...
Couple of shots with it's sister 05KD63
Has anyone seen these cargo guards before? Looking at the pics from when it was in service it looked like it had them fitted then as well, also pair of rifle mounts...
also pair of rifle mounts...
05KD63, 1985 24v 90A
05KD65, 1985 24v 90A (Red Arrows)
05KD65, 1985 24v 90A (Red Arrows)