Air-Droppable 90.

Complete vehicles for sale or wanted, post here. Trade/Business adverts, without permission from The Forum Admin will be removed.
Post Reply
User avatar
AR4412
Maître Pâtissier
Posts: 8934
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:31 am
Location: Bedford

Air-Droppable 90.

Post by AR4412 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:31 pm

Don't let it's current looks fool you, this is a not too commonly seen 'Air-Droppable' 90 with the removable rear tub section to allow two to be stacked on a medium stressed platform. It was the replacement for the 'Recce' Lightweights. It's a shame that the roll hoop and FFR kit is missing and it's been 'civilianized'.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191557950039? ... 26_rdc%3D1

I'd quite like one for the collection myself.

Regards,
For Those That Have Had To Fight for It, Life Has Truly A Flavour The Protected Will Never Know.

'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'

Neil.

09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.

User avatar
Tinweasel
Maître Pâtissier
Posts: 5280
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:23 pm

Re: Air-Droppable 90.

Post by Tinweasel » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:05 pm

Didn't know the air droppables were radio controlled, always wanted one myself and been close to making the purchase twice. Be nice to see it back in full military spec again
Image

Rudolf Hess was the editor of mine Kampf, so was he the first grammar nazi?

Tring, Hertfordshire

User avatar
AR4412
Maître Pâtissier
Posts: 8934
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:31 am
Location: Bedford

Re: Air-Droppable 90.

Post by AR4412 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:49 am

Tinweasel wrote:Didn't know the air droppables were radio controlled,
I noticed that Shaun. I was dangerous enough with a 1/10th RC car, it would be carnage if I was let loose with a 1/1 RC Defender. :lol:

I think the hardest parts to find if you wanted to return it to spec would be the roll hoop as IIRC it's specific to this vehicle.

Regards,
For Those That Have Had To Fight for It, Life Has Truly A Flavour The Protected Will Never Know.

'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'

Neil.

09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.

User avatar
Tinweasel
Maître Pâtissier
Posts: 5280
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:23 pm

Re: Air-Droppable 90.

Post by Tinweasel » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:01 pm

AR4412 wrote:
Tinweasel wrote:Didn't know the air droppables were radio controlled,
I noticed that Shaun. I was dangerous enough with a 1/10th RC car, it would be carnage if I was let loose with a 1/1 RC Defender. :lol:

I think the hardest parts to find if you wanted to return it to spec would be the roll hoop as IIRC it's specific to this vehicle.

Regards,
IF I were to get one the other half would be more than happy if it were R/C so she could make sure I was never late home again :lol:

I can't imagine the roll hoop parts would be too difficult to fabricate if it came to it
Image

Rudolf Hess was the editor of mine Kampf, so was he the first grammar nazi?

Tring, Hertfordshire

User avatar
Bob Fell
Cake Guru
Posts: 3044
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:17 am
Location: Melton Mowbray

Re: Air-Droppable 90.

Post by Bob Fell » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:21 pm

The last ones I remember were at Witham's 2 years ago?? or was it Blanchards?
042Bobf


19HF27 Lightweight FFR ex Gurkha Field Force HQ, various Gurkha Sigs Tps and Comp Ord Depot Hong Kong 1980-1997.
42ET39 Narrow Track Sankey ex BAOR 22 & 7 Sig Regts, 16/5 Lancers, 2 RTR, 9/12 Lancers & QDG 1969-2001.

Jonno
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:43 pm
Location: SW London

Re: Air-Droppable 90.

Post by Jonno » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:37 pm

Nice but can't drive it home, not LEZ compliant.

Post Reply