Newbie with a hybrid
-
Richard
Newbie with a hybrid
Hi all, just thought i would intrduce myself to the forum. I have a coil sprung (Range Rover) LT/WT with a recently fitted 200tdi complete with an auto box, from a rotten Discovery. At the mo it's got a canvas roof, however I plan to fit a hard top, possibly from
a Defender, partly to provide a suitable place for friends to feel warm(ish !) and safe due to pending roll cage. I hope to paint the whole
vehicle once the conversion has been completed.
I need advice on the following:
I need to locate 110 rear sides and 90 roof ?
who does roll cages at a good price ? I simply cant afford to spend the £1000's being asked.
Once I go through the vehicle I will no doubt be requiring lots of help and advice !!
P.S. Who is 26Lancaster ? I like the small picture of his lengthened LT/WT ?
Cheers all,
Richard
P.P.S I live in Wigan, any others nearby ??
a Defender, partly to provide a suitable place for friends to feel warm(ish !) and safe due to pending roll cage. I hope to paint the whole
vehicle once the conversion has been completed.
I need advice on the following:
I need to locate 110 rear sides and 90 roof ?
who does roll cages at a good price ? I simply cant afford to spend the £1000's being asked.
Once I go through the vehicle I will no doubt be requiring lots of help and advice !!
P.S. Who is 26Lancaster ? I like the small picture of his lengthened LT/WT ?
Cheers all,
Richard
P.P.S I live in Wigan, any others nearby ??
Re: Newbie with a hybrid
Hi Richard welcome to the forum. Sounds like quite a beast you have there!
90 roof and 110 sides? I can't visualise how that works but if you wre down south I'd recommend a couple of LR breakers that will have that kind of thing but I'm not so clued up on the location above Solihull. Enough members are from the Yorkshire area though so perhaps one of them will have an idea.
90 roof and 110 sides? I can't visualise how that works but if you wre down south I'd recommend a couple of LR breakers that will have that kind of thing but I'm not so clued up on the location above Solihull. Enough members are from the Yorkshire area though so perhaps one of them will have an idea.
Cam
1980 SIII Lightweight GS 15HG59
1966 3/4 Ton Sankey 19ES51
1968 3/4 Ton Sankey 33ET83 - deceased and partly stolen
1980 SIII Lightweight GS 15HG59
1966 3/4 Ton Sankey 19ES51
1968 3/4 Ton Sankey 33ET83 - deceased and partly stolen
Re: Newbie with a hybrid
Hi Richard,
Welcome from another hybrid owner. Hope you enjoy yourself on this forum as I do.
Regards,
Welcome from another hybrid owner. Hope you enjoy yourself on this forum as I do.
Regards,
For Those That Have Had To Fight for It, Life Has Truly A Flavour The Protected Will Never Know.
'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'
Neil.
09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.
'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'
Neil.
09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.
-
Gordon Bennett
- Maître Pâtissier
- Posts: 7422
- Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:21 pm
Re: Newbie with a hybrid
Hi Richard,
Welcome to the Forum
Gordon & Val
Welcome to the Forum
Gordon & Val
Re: Newbie with a hybrid
Hi Richard, welcome to the forum. Yes, there is a good few of us in Yorkshire. You'll also find plenty over there in Lancashire. Forgive Cam, hes from Swindon in Kent
Indi
PS, Keep away from 26 Lancaster, hes got some strange hobbies involving curtain apparatus
Indi
PS, Keep away from 26 Lancaster, hes got some strange hobbies involving curtain apparatus
-
Richard
Re: Newbie with a hybrid
Hi all,
Thankyou for your welcome, I have some immediate work to do on my LT/WT but will post some pictures soon.
Thankyou for your welcome, I have some immediate work to do on my LT/WT but will post some pictures soon.
-
Richard
Re: Newbie with a hybrid
Hi all,
Thankyou for your welcome, I have some immediate work to do on my LT/WT but will post some pictures soon.
Thankyou for your welcome, I have some immediate work to do on my LT/WT but will post some pictures soon.
-
26lancaster
Re: Newbie with a hybrid
hi there, i am 26lancaster. a few years ago i bought a new steel 88 chassis, had it stretched to 100 inches
then had it galvanised. refitted the engine,gearbox and axles, had a new rear prop cur to length and balanced ( £40 )
had a new bulkhead galvanised and a new canvas made.
the object of the build was to have forward facing seats, one behind the driver and one behind the passenger. to increase the load bed to 5 feet, and along with the removal of the front middle seat the flat area where i could sleep is nearly 7 feet long.
no more welding
the handling has also been improved, the vehicle is not so "choppy on uneven ground ", just by stretching it by 12 inches.
alan
then had it galvanised. refitted the engine,gearbox and axles, had a new rear prop cur to length and balanced ( £40 )
had a new bulkhead galvanised and a new canvas made.
the object of the build was to have forward facing seats, one behind the driver and one behind the passenger. to increase the load bed to 5 feet, and along with the removal of the front middle seat the flat area where i could sleep is nearly 7 feet long.
no more welding
the handling has also been improved, the vehicle is not so "choppy on uneven ground ", just by stretching it by 12 inches.
alan
-
debodged
Re: Newbie with a hybrid
Welcome to the forum.
That's a really interesting project - be good to see pics as it develops.
That's a really interesting project - be good to see pics as it develops.
Re: Newbie with a hybrid
Hello and welcome to the mad house.
Indi, where abouts in Kent is Swindon??????indibush wrote:hes from Swindon in Kent
Brian
56FL65 - LWT FFR 24v
61FL39 / 94AV44 - 101 RHD Radio Body 12v
55KL83 - Harley-Davidson MT350
- - - - - - - Can Am Bombardier 250
56FL65 - LWT FFR 24v
61FL39 / 94AV44 - 101 RHD Radio Body 12v
55KL83 - Harley-Davidson MT350
- - - - - - - Can Am Bombardier 250