New member from Staffordshire
-
soggy
New member from Staffordshire
Hi
I have three Lightweights, one working with tax and mot and is a late '84 Series III and I have an even later Series III under restoration. this is an ex Iraq 106mm gun portee and must be one of the last lightweights and series III land rovers made made with a vin of 240662 and it is currently under restoration.
My other bookend is a 1968 one with vin 23600106a being one of the oldest surviving and that is also under restoration.
I have three Lightweights, one working with tax and mot and is a late '84 Series III and I have an even later Series III under restoration. this is an ex Iraq 106mm gun portee and must be one of the last lightweights and series III land rovers made made with a vin of 240662 and it is currently under restoration.
My other bookend is a 1968 one with vin 23600106a being one of the oldest surviving and that is also under restoration.
Re: New member from Staffordshire
Hope you've got plenty of time to work on them, that sounds like a lot of work.
Alastair
Alastair
Re: New member from Staffordshire
Oh nice. Can we see some pictures?
Do you have a 106 RR for your gunship?
Do you have a 106 RR for your gunship?
Cam
1980 SIII Lightweight GS 15HG59
1966 3/4 Ton Sankey 19ES51
1968 3/4 Ton Sankey 33ET83 - deceased and partly stolen
1980 SIII Lightweight GS 15HG59
1966 3/4 Ton Sankey 19ES51
1968 3/4 Ton Sankey 33ET83 - deceased and partly stolen
-
soggy
Re: New member from Staffordshire
No I don't have a gun but I do have some 4inch tube and a welder. I do know where there are six that I could have but they would be impossible to import them to the UK so i will go the replica route for the moment. As for the vehicle I will resize some pictures and take some more of the detail.
Re: New member from Staffordshire
Hi and welcome along. 
Rob.
Chairman and Webmaster.
1972 Series III Lightweight GS 200Tdi
----------------------------------------------------------
Chairman and Webmaster.
1972 Series III Lightweight GS 200Tdi
----------------------------------------------------------
Re: New member from Staffordshire
Hello and welcome on board.
Sounds like you own a nice collection, and one to keep you busy tinkering.
Look forward to seeing the pictures of your fleet.
Regards,
Sounds like you own a nice collection, and one to keep you busy tinkering.
Look forward to seeing the pictures of your fleet.
Regards,
For Those That Have Had To Fight for It, Life Has Truly A Flavour The Protected Will Never Know.
'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'
Neil.
09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.
'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'
Neil.
09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.
-
Gordon Bennett
- Maître Pâtissier
- Posts: 7422
- Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:21 pm
Re: New member from Staffordshire
Hi,
Welcome to the forum. Another Gunship fantastic
Regards,
Gordon & Val
Welcome to the forum. Another Gunship fantastic
Regards,
Gordon & Val
Re: New member from Staffordshire
Hi, and welcome to the forum. Fine collection you have there. I have a Cypriot Gunship, waiting for restoration, I'll be using a drain pipe for my gun
We do know someone else not a million miles away who does have 106RR, I'm sure you'll meet him soon.
Indi
Indi