Page 10 of 15
Re: Another Sankey in Germany
Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:27 pm
by LR88LW
Congratulations!
Good buy!
Re: Another Sankey in Germany
Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:23 am
by Ltwtbarmy
You’re welcome. Glad I managed to help. Enjoy!
Re: Another Sankey in Germany
Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:46 pm
by Fossibear
Now the substructure is ready I think. Yesterday and today I managed, to connect all the cables and I’ve tested it, all lights work as they should do

:

- 4D349AF6-29F3-4540-A8B6-BB497399023F.jpeg (2.84 MiB) Viewed 3048 times

- F15E6A6F-FA28-47B4-A98E-3E30B6619D87.jpeg (983.1 KiB) Viewed 3048 times
Even the Union Jack has find his place:

- 368BD018-F208-447B-BFD7-4DA798DAA02A.jpeg (1.7 MiB) Viewed 3048 times
Now the tub must become restored - I suppose the best thing to start with is to sandblast the whole thing and to do some welding wich is also not a work which I can do...
Regards, Steve
Re: Another Sankey in Germany
Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:33 pm
by LR88LW
Looks good!
Re: Another Sankey in Germany
Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:04 pm
by removeduser185
Very nice indeed. And I'm glad you've been able to source Claudio's book. Really excellent - you can browse through it for hours.
Re: Another Sankey in Germany
Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:30 pm
by Fossibear
Thank you very much,
yes - I’m very satisfied with the outcome of my work
and I am looking foreword for this book!
Have a good next week, Steve
Re: Another Sankey in Germany
Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:57 pm
by LR88LW
That book and Mark‘s book are absolutely brilliant! Worth buying and worth reading it again and again!
Regards
LR88LW
Re: Another Sankey in Germany
Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:44 pm
by Fossibear
Mark‘s book I do have - and I don’t know how often I have had a look into the book - just to find something out!
Steve
Re: Another Sankey in Germany
Posted: Fri May 01, 2020 9:04 am
by Fossibear
Since yesterday I can study the new book of Claudio Lencioni!
Good new information, many pictures and details!
Thank you very much for the hint and link!
Steve
Re: Another Sankey in Germany
Posted: Sun May 31, 2020 11:34 am
by Fossibear
Yesterday I finished the electric work by connecting the socket -cables with the wiring of my Lightweight. I think everything could work fine now but at least the tub still must be sandblasted.
I’m working but it is not so easy for me because I need a trailer where I put the tub on and I need it twice at minimum because it can last two days till I get it back. And then I have to trail it to those people who will weld it for me... bit complicated but I’ll manage it somehow.
Yesterday came a answer from Merlin Report : they haven’t found something about this Sankey NT.
Regards, Steve