Page 9 of 15

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:35 am
by Fossibear
Thank you very much, Fred,
I do like my Sankey too and it will fit to my Lightweight.
But first I have still to work un the tub...

If you want one too, you just must get one and (as I think) put a lot of work on it :D

Regards, Steve

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:34 am
by Fossibear
Good morning,

yesterday I had a look at the tub and made up my mind how to go further on with it...

And I have a question now to the rings to fix loadings: are these rings riveted or are they screwed?

If they are riveted, the I needn’t have to try to treat them with a lot of WD40 :)

Regards, Steve

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:48 pm
by Fossibear
does anybody know?

Steve

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:45 pm
by LR88LW
I guess they are fixed with screws and a bracket on the rear side, similar to the fixing brackets of the Lightweight tub!
Regards
LR88LW

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:38 pm
by Fossibear
I think I have to take another look ...

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:12 pm
by LR88LW
Hi FossiBear,

There is a wonderful book about the Lightweight:
Land Rover HALF TON & Sankey Trailer by Claudio Lencioni & Clive Elliott

It has about forty pages about all types of Sankey trailers including exploded views!

Regards
LR88LW

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:46 pm
by Fossibear
Yes, I do know that but sorrowly one can’t buy it any longer as I found out
But thank you very much for that hint

Steve

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:41 am
by Ltwtbarmy

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:51 pm
by LR88LW
The book is really worth buying!
Thank you for the link! 8-)

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:17 pm
by Fossibear
I bought it - waiting that it comes :D

Thank you very much for the link!

Steve