Another Sankey in Germany

Tell us about your Sankey or Trailer
Fossibear
Posts: 430
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:20 pm
Location: Nordkirchen / Germany

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Post by Fossibear » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:35 am

Thank you very much, Fred,
I do like my Sankey too and it will fit to my Lightweight.
But first I have still to work un the tub...

If you want one too, you just must get one and (as I think) put a lot of work on it :D

Regards, Steve
It's supposed to look like that, it's crochet...

Fossibear
Posts: 430
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:20 pm
Location: Nordkirchen / Germany

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Post by Fossibear » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:34 am

Good morning,

yesterday I had a look at the tub and made up my mind how to go further on with it...

And I have a question now to the rings to fix loadings: are these rings riveted or are they screwed?

If they are riveted, the I needn’t have to try to treat them with a lot of WD40 :)

Regards, Steve
It's supposed to look like that, it's crochet...

Fossibear
Posts: 430
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:20 pm
Location: Nordkirchen / Germany

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Post by Fossibear » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:48 pm

does anybody know?

Steve
It's supposed to look like that, it's crochet...

LR88LW
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:32 am
Location: Germany

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Post by LR88LW » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:45 pm

I guess they are fixed with screws and a bracket on the rear side, similar to the fixing brackets of the Lightweight tub!
Regards
LR88LW

Fossibear
Posts: 430
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:20 pm
Location: Nordkirchen / Germany

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Post by Fossibear » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:38 pm

I think I have to take another look ...
It's supposed to look like that, it's crochet...

LR88LW
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:32 am
Location: Germany

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Post by LR88LW » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:12 pm

Hi FossiBear,

There is a wonderful book about the Lightweight:
Land Rover HALF TON & Sankey Trailer by Claudio Lencioni & Clive Elliott

It has about forty pages about all types of Sankey trailers including exploded views!

Regards
LR88LW

Fossibear
Posts: 430
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:20 pm
Location: Nordkirchen / Germany

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Post by Fossibear » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:46 pm

Yes, I do know that but sorrowly one can’t buy it any longer as I found out
But thank you very much for that hint

Steve
It's supposed to look like that, it's crochet...

Ltwtbarmy
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:32 pm

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Post by Ltwtbarmy » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:41 am

1984 RAF 109 GS 63KC41 RAF Catterick
1975 RAF Ltwt 75AM54 RAF Luqa and Wyton
1962 Army 88 GS 09EK34 DERR

LR88LW
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:32 am
Location: Germany

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Post by LR88LW » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:51 pm

The book is really worth buying!
Thank you for the link! 8-)

Fossibear
Posts: 430
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:20 pm
Location: Nordkirchen / Germany

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Post by Fossibear » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:17 pm

I bought it - waiting that it comes :D

Thank you very much for the link!

Steve
It's supposed to look like that, it's crochet...

Post Reply