Page 6 of 6

Re: Rear load grab rail airportable ????

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:42 pm
by fv1620
I think this is the only picture I have seen with the tailgate removed showing the base of the grab rail.
Scan0167.jpg
Scan0167.jpg (1.68 MiB) Viewed 2302 times

Re: Rear load grab rail airportable ????

Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:30 am
by landymad
Great image Clive not seen that one before

Re: Rear load grab rail airportable ????

Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:43 am
by andrewjsimpson1977
Suspect that is a development version though - look at the lifting eyes - uses the earlier non-lightweight bigger hooped type.

Re: Rear load grab rail airportable ????

Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:09 pm
by landymad
Yes pre-production/ trials vehicle with out a doubt.

Re: Rear load grab rail airportable ????

Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:16 pm
by removeduser185
I wonder how it was fixed. It must have been clamped pretty tightly given the bend in it at the rear. Later ones, as you all know, fixed into the lower tailgate - a much better solution as far as holding it in lace is concerned, but, of course, requiring a tailgate.

I must say, the Lightweight does look good stripped down. And it is nice to see more photos emerging - I hadn't seen that one before.

Fred

Re: Rear load grab rail airportable ????

Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:26 pm
by fv1620
I was misled by the vegetation, I have seen it before.

Here is the tarted up version in the Data Summary EMER WHEELED VEHICLES Q 020/7 later amended to Q 020/4 (as Rover 7 Ambulances were assigned /7 then all Rover Ambulances assigned to /2 with introduction of Rover 9, 11 & S3 )
Scan0168.jpg
Scan0168.jpg (1.58 MiB) Viewed 2269 times
Scan0169.jpg
Scan0169.jpg (1.69 MiB) Viewed 2269 times