Page 4 of 15

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:44 pm
by Fossibear
Today I got those :D :
427B7B9F-E989-49BB-8629-85CACD9EAC9F.jpeg
427B7B9F-E989-49BB-8629-85CACD9EAC9F.jpeg (1.47 MiB) Viewed 4895 times

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:03 am
by hibbo
Wow very nice.

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:32 am
by Fossibear
Thanks- yes, it is because I think, that they are so characteristic for these trailers.
And now I am still wondering what the reflectors are which were mounted beneath those in this long rectangle form :)

Regards, Steve

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:48 pm
by Fossibear
Nice weather today, so I could carry on with my Sankey.
This time I worked with the axle and I was astonished how heavy it is :shock:
But I was also astonished about the fact, that all nuts and bolts could be easily screwed on.

Now I am making up my mind how far I have to take the parts out of another...
222A57AA-7404-49DE-86FB-24CCF47F1BC7.jpeg
222A57AA-7404-49DE-86FB-24CCF47F1BC7.jpeg (1.17 MiB) Viewed 4754 times
BACFC039-4ACF-4EDD-A0E5-31E3A23A50DE.jpeg
BACFC039-4ACF-4EDD-A0E5-31E3A23A50DE.jpeg (957.44 KiB) Viewed 4754 times
Bye, Steve

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:01 pm
by Fossibear
By the way: is someone here who can tell me why the hubcap has got such a funny form? Is it to fix it somewhere with a rope or something like that over it?

Steve

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:34 pm
by fv1620
Steve I think the flanged hub is for use as a tie down point for air transport.

Glancing at tie down diagrams for trailers, the hubs were an important point for looping a tie down strap. The holes seem to serve no purpose for this & presumably save a tiny bit of weight.

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:45 pm
by Fossibear
Thanks Clive,
I thought so but I wasn’t sure.
The holes might be there to save a tiny little bit of wheight or to make it a little bit more stylish :)
because they not very fitting to loose the screws behind the holes

Steve

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:55 am
by Fossibear
Now I have cleaned all the parts of the axle and they are ready for colour.
One problem has occurred: the rubber dirt excluders for the brakes are totally rotten.
Does anyone know, wich solution is possible?
Either as spare part or as parts from a different vehicle.

Have a nice Sunday, Steve

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:53 pm
by AR4412
Hi Steve,

A bit of research at work a moment ago revealed that Girling Part Number GB2501 is also Land Rover Part Number 219028, a Series 1 transmission brake dirt and dust excluder. aka, boot.

I can't link from my phone, but 219028 is available from Craddocks and PA Blanchard amongst others. Try a search on that number and you will be bound to find a cheaper source for them.

Regards,

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:37 pm
by Fossibear
Hi Neil,
Thanks a lot - I’ve found it :) - I didn’t think, that they would have in their program still.

Regards