What have you done to or with your LWT today??
Re: What have you done to or with your LWT today??
Folded some sheet steel to make some foot wells for another lightweight project. I got the sheets guillotined the right size from the steel stock holders as they do 10 free cuts per order.
Firstly the two foot wells became one as I tacked them together so each fold did both. Floor stiffener and top fold Middle folds
Firstly the two foot wells became one as I tacked them together so each fold did both. Floor stiffener and top fold Middle folds
Last edited by Johnsboy on Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: What have you done to or with your LWT today??
One more picture split them apart and did the cutouts for the door pillars
I could of bought the footwells but I didn’t want all the standard holes for the throttle linkages etc as I’m putting a td5 in.
A 2m x 1m sheet of 1.2mm zintec was £67 delivered with all the cuts, less than the price of 2 footwells. Thought the sheet metal practice would be more beneficial so I got the main panel above the footwells, a piece to make the dash box, 2 drip trays and enough of cuts to make other parts. Just had to buy a pair of hinge panels and the inner footwell panels either side of the tunnel as they were a reasonable price off fleebay instead of making them.
Just need to add a stiffener for the pedal boxes and make the holes.
A 2m x 1m sheet of 1.2mm zintec was £67 delivered with all the cuts, less than the price of 2 footwells. Thought the sheet metal practice would be more beneficial so I got the main panel above the footwells, a piece to make the dash box, 2 drip trays and enough of cuts to make other parts. Just had to buy a pair of hinge panels and the inner footwell panels either side of the tunnel as they were a reasonable price off fleebay instead of making them.
Just need to add a stiffener for the pedal boxes and make the holes.
Re: What have you done to or with your LWT today??
I'm new to Lightweight ownership, and I'm doing as much research as I can to get my vehicle correct. Really appreciate your help in the forum. Currently removing and refurbishing the instrument panels. Light panel first on the list.
- Attachments
-
- Light_panel.jpg (1.11 MiB) Viewed 3120 times
Re: What have you done to or with your LWT today??
Heater completed, main panel next on the list.
- Attachments
-
- 79B6B277-7D74-4480-9B9C-1149D90CE15F_1_201_a.jpeg (3.06 MiB) Viewed 2988 times
Re: What have you done to or with your LWT today??
Hi Andy,
They certainly look better for your efforts.
Regards,
They certainly look better for your efforts.
Regards,
For Those That Have Had To Fight for It, Life Has Truly A Flavour The Protected Will Never Know.
'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'
Neil.
09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.
'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'
Neil.
09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.
- fv1620
- Bake Off Judge
- Posts: 2268
- Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:16 pm
- Location: GB-CMN (formerly UK91)
- Contact:
Re: What have you done to or with your LWT today??
Some super work their Andy, well done.
Clive Elliott
Collecting military technical publications, researching into military vehicle electrical systems, licensed radio amateur since 1964 using microwave bands for tropospheric scatter.
Collecting military technical publications, researching into military vehicle electrical systems, licensed radio amateur since 1964 using microwave bands for tropospheric scatter.
Re: What have you done to or with your LWT today??
Good evening. I hope all forum members are well.
First day on the road for many months. Clean, dry and salt free. Started off the key. Transfer, OD and main box oils drained and renewed. Fresh oil, filters and props greased.
Running well and quiet.
Keith
First day on the road for many months. Clean, dry and salt free. Started off the key. Transfer, OD and main box oils drained and renewed. Fresh oil, filters and props greased.
Running well and quiet.
Keith
Close Protection Officer
VIP transport, travel & accommodation
VIP transport, travel & accommodation
-
Farmer Neil
- Posts: 33
- Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:00 pm
- Location: Loughborough
Re: What have you done to or with your LWT today??
Finished painting my rusty old ebay passenger side fuel tank ready for installation. Gave the old girl a bit of a polish . Again. Well there was nothing on telly so what's a bloke to do.. 
- Attachments
-
- IMG_4914.JPG (2.2 MiB) Viewed 2767 times
-
- IMG_4913.JPG (1.88 MiB) Viewed 2767 times
Re: What have you done to or with your LWT today??
After a slow restoration to get the old girl back on the road I finally put my LWT in for a speculative Roadworthy (MOT) test to see what I'd need to do to get a pass and she passed first time!
I'm not sure whether me or the tester were more surprised. Got her registered and on the road at long last, so now out enjoying the last of the Autumn sun here before continuing the rolling restoration.
Dave
I'm not sure whether me or the tester were more surprised. Got her registered and on the road at long last, so now out enjoying the last of the Autumn sun here before continuing the rolling restoration.
Dave
- Attachments
-
- IMG_20210501_120101_889.jpg (403.81 KiB) Viewed 2596 times
Re: What have you done to or with your LWT today??
Congratulations, well done 
Graham.
Gatwick, west Sussex
Buy British, now it's more important than ever.
1980-83 GS Lightweight 57KB99
Sankey narrow track 08ES81
1942 350cc Ohv Ariel W'ng dispatch bike
Gatwick, west Sussex
Buy British, now it's more important than ever.
1980-83 GS Lightweight 57KB99
Sankey narrow track 08ES81
1942 350cc Ohv Ariel W'ng dispatch bike