Page 14 of 15

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:24 pm
by fv1620
I can confirm that Fred is correct, that abbreviation is listed in the Staff Officers' Hand Book

One further possibility is that it could be the Movement Section Number. This definition of Movement Section appears in the Joint Services Glossary JSP 110
MSN.jpg
MSN.jpg (74.39 KiB) Viewed 9470 times

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:25 pm
by Rich77
Hi

I'm a bit of a newbie here.

Could I trouble you fir some assistance?

I'm restoring a sankey trailer. It been complete stripped down. Chassis is awaiting blast & galv.

In the meantime I'm focusing on the axle/ running gear. I have downloaded the military service manual.

The difficulty I'm finding is locating the serviceable parts
Seals
Gaskets
Shoes
Etc

I heard some of the parts are series or defender compatible. Is this correct?

Do you have a list of part no.s?

Thanks for any assistance

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:59 am
by Fossibear
Hi Rich77,

sorry that I can‘t he help you really.
Though my Sankey is over 50 years old, I had nothing to change than the rubber bellows protecting the point where the brake linkage goes into the brake drums.
I’ll try to find where I got those from if you want.

Regards, Steve

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:11 am
by Fossibear
This morning I was in Essen. There is the TÜV Nord - a place where you can get the admission for parts you use with your car.
And there I got the admission for my Dixon Bate :D

A85D3267-F46F-46AA-A283-4C8CD3B04861.jpeg
A85D3267-F46F-46AA-A283-4C8CD3B04861.jpeg (1.42 MiB) Viewed 9042 times
This number, hammered into the hitch, allows me to fix the Dixon Bate to my Lighty and to use it...

Now I can go the next step and go to another TÜV- place where I get the admission for total construction.

Sometimes it is very laborious in Germany to get what you want...

Regards, Steve

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:07 pm
by Fossibear
Good evening sirs,

can someone please tell me, what I write on that shield on top of the override mechanism?
I mean the mechanism shown in the picture below, the shield is on the second tube where the spring is in:

9D74E636-1FDF-4F3A-9B1F-29BBCA360759.jpeg
9D74E636-1FDF-4F3A-9B1F-29BBCA360759.jpeg (217.42 KiB) Viewed 9007 times
Thanks and stay safe, Steve

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:28 pm
by Bob Fell
Hi Steve,
This is the original plate info twist riveted to the draught eye cover (9 in the drawing) if I'm understanding you correctly;
trailer brake label.jpg
trailer brake label.jpg (52.15 KiB) Viewed 8969 times
Regards,
Bob

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:46 pm
by Fossibear
Hi Bob,
yes, you are right - the info plate on my Sankey can’t read any more.

Thank you very much,

Steve

and stay safe!

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:22 pm
by Fossibear
Hi folks,

at least after almost 2 years my Sankey is ready and on the road again.
After all the tests which have to be made here in Germany until you are allowed to drive a Lightweight together with a Sankey in normal traffic I am happy that I now can proudly present the result:
9F61F9DE-A37E-4F15-B546-E19C304DFDBD.jpeg
9F61F9DE-A37E-4F15-B546-E19C304DFDBD.jpeg (2.84 MiB) Viewed 8446 times
I decided not to put a canvas onto the tub but I bought a Defender- roof and made a cover from this because I think that it will protect better against the weather:
1B05F789-9D9A-41A5-8CD9-EE1523D65BC6.jpeg
1B05F789-9D9A-41A5-8CD9-EE1523D65BC6.jpeg (3.45 MiB) Viewed 8446 times
And here a close view of the Sankey itself:
DCCFFE33-F890-46CF-A5EB-692D0533AA14.jpeg
DCCFFE33-F890-46CF-A5EB-692D0533AA14.jpeg (3.9 MiB) Viewed 8446 times

... so now same question as two years ago here: what could I do next (not meant really serious)

Best regards, Steve

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:33 pm
by Fossibear
At least everything is ready now.
Yesterday I made the first ride with the really complete dray:

8BF9FB48-80F7-4787-B5D4-341E92E8130D.jpeg
8BF9FB48-80F7-4787-B5D4-341E92E8130D.jpeg (3.02 MiB) Viewed 8279 times
Interesting how easily the trailer follows the Lightweight :D

Regards, Steve

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Posted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:09 am
by Loulou
Hello Steve,
First of all, bravo for this administrative battle!

Project whose interesting reading opens some doors ...
If I understood correctly you have obtained an agreement / authorization to use the TÜV, on the one hand for the Nato hook and on the other hand for your Sankey trailer…?
What ultimately authorizes you to use (in Europe…?) A braked trailer with a payload greater than 750kg?

Do you now have an official registration card (V5) for this trailer?
Or, of any administrative-bureaucratic-official document mentioning the existence, the serial number of this trailer and its loading capacities?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Have a nice sunny day everyone.

Looloo