Another Sankey in Germany
- fv1620
- Bake Off Judge
- Posts: 2268
- Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:16 pm
- Location: GB-CMN (formerly UK91)
- Contact:
Re: Another Sankey in Germany
I can confirm that Fred is correct, that abbreviation is listed in the Staff Officers' Hand Book
One further possibility is that it could be the Movement Section Number. This definition of Movement Section appears in the Joint Services Glossary JSP 110
One further possibility is that it could be the Movement Section Number. This definition of Movement Section appears in the Joint Services Glossary JSP 110
Clive Elliott
Collecting military technical publications, researching into military vehicle electrical systems, licensed radio amateur since 1964 using microwave bands for tropospheric scatter.
Collecting military technical publications, researching into military vehicle electrical systems, licensed radio amateur since 1964 using microwave bands for tropospheric scatter.
Re: Another Sankey in Germany
Hi
I'm a bit of a newbie here.
Could I trouble you fir some assistance?
I'm restoring a sankey trailer. It been complete stripped down. Chassis is awaiting blast & galv.
In the meantime I'm focusing on the axle/ running gear. I have downloaded the military service manual.
The difficulty I'm finding is locating the serviceable parts
Seals
Gaskets
Shoes
Etc
I heard some of the parts are series or defender compatible. Is this correct?
Do you have a list of part no.s?
Thanks for any assistance
I'm a bit of a newbie here.
Could I trouble you fir some assistance?
I'm restoring a sankey trailer. It been complete stripped down. Chassis is awaiting blast & galv.
In the meantime I'm focusing on the axle/ running gear. I have downloaded the military service manual.
The difficulty I'm finding is locating the serviceable parts
Seals
Gaskets
Shoes
Etc
I heard some of the parts are series or defender compatible. Is this correct?
Do you have a list of part no.s?
Thanks for any assistance
Re: Another Sankey in Germany
Hi Rich77,
sorry that I can‘t he help you really.
Though my Sankey is over 50 years old, I had nothing to change than the rubber bellows protecting the point where the brake linkage goes into the brake drums.
I’ll try to find where I got those from if you want.
Regards, Steve
sorry that I can‘t he help you really.
Though my Sankey is over 50 years old, I had nothing to change than the rubber bellows protecting the point where the brake linkage goes into the brake drums.
I’ll try to find where I got those from if you want.
Regards, Steve
It's supposed to look like that, it's crochet...
Re: Another Sankey in Germany
This morning I was in Essen. There is the TÜV Nord - a place where you can get the admission for parts you use with your car.
And there I got the admission for my Dixon Bate
This number, hammered into the hitch, allows me to fix the Dixon Bate to my Lighty and to use it...
Now I can go the next step and go to another TÜV- place where I get the admission for total construction.
Sometimes it is very laborious in Germany to get what you want...
Regards, Steve
And there I got the admission for my Dixon Bate
This number, hammered into the hitch, allows me to fix the Dixon Bate to my Lighty and to use it...
Now I can go the next step and go to another TÜV- place where I get the admission for total construction.
Sometimes it is very laborious in Germany to get what you want...
Regards, Steve
It's supposed to look like that, it's crochet...
Re: Another Sankey in Germany
Good evening sirs,
can someone please tell me, what I write on that shield on top of the override mechanism?
I mean the mechanism shown in the picture below, the shield is on the second tube where the spring is in:
Thanks and stay safe, Steve
can someone please tell me, what I write on that shield on top of the override mechanism?
I mean the mechanism shown in the picture below, the shield is on the second tube where the spring is in:
Thanks and stay safe, Steve
It's supposed to look like that, it's crochet...
Re: Another Sankey in Germany
Hi Steve,
This is the original plate info twist riveted to the draught eye cover (9 in the drawing) if I'm understanding you correctly; Regards,
Bob
This is the original plate info twist riveted to the draught eye cover (9 in the drawing) if I'm understanding you correctly; Regards,
Bob
042Bobf
19HF27 Lightweight FFR ex Gurkha Field Force HQ, various Gurkha Sigs Tps and Comp Ord Depot Hong Kong 1980-1997.
42ET39 Narrow Track Sankey ex BAOR 22 & 7 Sig Regts, 16/5 Lancers, 2 RTR, 9/12 Lancers & QDG 1969-2001.
19HF27 Lightweight FFR ex Gurkha Field Force HQ, various Gurkha Sigs Tps and Comp Ord Depot Hong Kong 1980-1997.
42ET39 Narrow Track Sankey ex BAOR 22 & 7 Sig Regts, 16/5 Lancers, 2 RTR, 9/12 Lancers & QDG 1969-2001.
Re: Another Sankey in Germany
Hi Bob,
yes, you are right - the info plate on my Sankey can’t read any more.
Thank you very much,
Steve
and stay safe!
yes, you are right - the info plate on my Sankey can’t read any more.
Thank you very much,
Steve
and stay safe!
It's supposed to look like that, it's crochet...
Re: Another Sankey in Germany
Hi folks,
at least after almost 2 years my Sankey is ready and on the road again.
After all the tests which have to be made here in Germany until you are allowed to drive a Lightweight together with a Sankey in normal traffic I am happy that I now can proudly present the result:
I decided not to put a canvas onto the tub but I bought a Defender- roof and made a cover from this because I think that it will protect better against the weather:
And here a close view of the Sankey itself:
... so now same question as two years ago here: what could I do next (not meant really serious)
Best regards, Steve
at least after almost 2 years my Sankey is ready and on the road again.
After all the tests which have to be made here in Germany until you are allowed to drive a Lightweight together with a Sankey in normal traffic I am happy that I now can proudly present the result:
I decided not to put a canvas onto the tub but I bought a Defender- roof and made a cover from this because I think that it will protect better against the weather:
And here a close view of the Sankey itself:
... so now same question as two years ago here: what could I do next (not meant really serious)
Best regards, Steve
It's supposed to look like that, it's crochet...
Re: Another Sankey in Germany
At least everything is ready now.
Yesterday I made the first ride with the really complete dray:
Interesting how easily the trailer follows the Lightweight
Regards, Steve
Yesterday I made the first ride with the really complete dray:
Interesting how easily the trailer follows the Lightweight
Regards, Steve
It's supposed to look like that, it's crochet...
Re: Another Sankey in Germany
Hello Steve,
First of all, bravo for this administrative battle!
Project whose interesting reading opens some doors ...
If I understood correctly you have obtained an agreement / authorization to use the TÜV, on the one hand for the Nato hook and on the other hand for your Sankey trailer…?
What ultimately authorizes you to use (in Europe…?) A braked trailer with a payload greater than 750kg?
Do you now have an official registration card (V5) for this trailer?
Or, of any administrative-bureaucratic-official document mentioning the existence, the serial number of this trailer and its loading capacities?
Thank you in advance for your answers.
Have a nice sunny day everyone.
Looloo
First of all, bravo for this administrative battle!
Project whose interesting reading opens some doors ...
If I understood correctly you have obtained an agreement / authorization to use the TÜV, on the one hand for the Nato hook and on the other hand for your Sankey trailer…?
What ultimately authorizes you to use (in Europe…?) A braked trailer with a payload greater than 750kg?
Do you now have an official registration card (V5) for this trailer?
Or, of any administrative-bureaucratic-official document mentioning the existence, the serial number of this trailer and its loading capacities?
Thank you in advance for your answers.
Have a nice sunny day everyone.
Looloo
27GJ77 - 1977 LWT SIII FFR - 1st. Royal Horse Artillery - B Battery (BAOR)