Another Sankey in Germany

Tell us about your Sankey or Trailer
LR88LW
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:32 am
Location: Germany

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Post by LR88LW » Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:41 pm

Picture of the exact position of the plate?

LR88LW

Fossibear
Posts: 430
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:20 pm
Location: Nordkirchen / Germany

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Post by Fossibear » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:33 pm

73BFA669-2D1D-4D18-AAB7-02D0220DD1B0.jpeg
73BFA669-2D1D-4D18-AAB7-02D0220DD1B0.jpeg (743.93 KiB) Viewed 8962 times
it was here on the left and front side of the tub.

Regards, Steve
It's supposed to look like that, it's crochet...

User avatar
fv1620
Bake Off Judge
Posts: 2268
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:16 pm
Location: GB-CMN (formerly UK91)
Contact:

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Post by fv1620 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:24 am

It is the FVRDE Drawing No. of the tub, not the trailer as the trailer chassis may carry other fittings/equipment.
Clive Elliott

Collecting military technical publications, researching into military vehicle electrical systems, licensed radio amateur since 1964 using microwave bands for tropospheric scatter.

Fossibear
Posts: 430
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:20 pm
Location: Nordkirchen / Germany

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Post by Fossibear » Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:17 am

Thanks - I thought already so.
My trailer itself hasn’t got frame-number. Just a shield is riveted to the frame:
D0B3BE53-AF88-4ED6-8AC7-E3B34002ED40.jpeg
D0B3BE53-AF88-4ED6-8AC7-E3B34002ED40.jpeg (2.55 MiB) Viewed 8952 times
Regards, Steve
It's supposed to look like that, it's crochet...

User avatar
fv1620
Bake Off Judge
Posts: 2268
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:16 pm
Location: GB-CMN (formerly UK91)
Contact:

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Post by fv1620 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:39 am

I think the frame number is the chassis number.

I'm intrigued, what is "MSN"? Is that something you have seen on another trailer?

Anyway drive safely, make sure only one component of the towing arrangement can rotate. Don't let this happen to your ET
26 ET 65a.jpg
26 ET 65a.jpg (49.29 KiB) Viewed 8950 times
Clive Elliott

Collecting military technical publications, researching into military vehicle electrical systems, licensed radio amateur since 1964 using microwave bands for tropospheric scatter.

Fossibear
Posts: 430
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:20 pm
Location: Nordkirchen / Germany

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Post by Fossibear » Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:27 pm

Hi Clive,

Sorry, I just don’t know where you’ve read „MSN“?

And thank you very much for the hint with just one of the towing components are allowed to rotate - surely I don’t want to have such an accident!

Regards, Steve

and stay healthy!
It's supposed to look like that, it's crochet...

Fossibear
Posts: 430
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:20 pm
Location: Nordkirchen / Germany

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Post by Fossibear » Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:32 pm

Ah, ok, now I know what you mean. I found it on the trailer before I stripped the colour of:

D0F061DC-E9D2-4F56-9F6F-6A7FEBC9F5D2.jpeg
D0F061DC-E9D2-4F56-9F6F-6A7FEBC9F5D2.jpeg (1.02 MiB) Viewed 8940 times
And still I don’t know, what the „RB“ written in whit on blue ground does mean:
F22872EF-7AB7-49B6-B4C5-262E3437D002.jpeg
F22872EF-7AB7-49B6-B4C5-262E3437D002.jpeg (1.07 MiB) Viewed 8940 times
Bye, Steve
It's supposed to look like that, it's crochet...

User avatar
fv1620
Bake Off Judge
Posts: 2268
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:16 pm
Location: GB-CMN (formerly UK91)
Contact:

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Post by fv1620 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:49 pm

"MSN" Hmm yes you are right, I'll have to give that some thought. It's not a normal inclusion with Chalk markings, I'll have to think why they did that :)
Clive Elliott

Collecting military technical publications, researching into military vehicle electrical systems, licensed radio amateur since 1964 using microwave bands for tropospheric scatter.

User avatar
removeduser185
Cake Guru
Posts: 3531
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:37 pm

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Post by removeduser185 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:35 pm

Well, it is the abbreviation for "Mission". The only thing I can think of is that the stencilling was done for a unit on high readiness at a time when there were several possibly deployment options. Such a unit as the Spearhead battalion. If they were anticipating deploying through an airhead where other units might be deploying on another mission, then it might be worthwhile having your own vehicles clearly chalk-marked to ensure they went where they were supposed to go. But... this is pure supposition and I have no evidence to back it up. It might have been added after it left the service. as for the white RB on a blue background - again, just a thought, it could refer to the load. If a unit kept a number of trailers specifically for certain pieces of equipment then it might be handy to see at a glance what each might contain under the tarp. But, again, this is pure supposition, but I can't think of an alternative solution.

Fossibear
Posts: 430
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:20 pm
Location: Nordkirchen / Germany

Re: Another Sankey in Germany

Post by Fossibear » Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:50 pm

Hello Fred,

seems to make sense :)

Thanks again for you and all the others who help me to understand what I am doing here :D

Steve
It's supposed to look like that, it's crochet...

Post Reply