The rebuild
The rebuild
Here's a few photos from the rebuild I've done of my Land Rover taken 2 years as I can only worker the other weekend. I've changed it from 24 volt to 12 volt loads of new parts rebuilt the engine two new footwells and the gearbox refurbished. New brake lines rebuilt the front and back axles refurbished virtually everything new doors but I have a new roof and I'm going to a new roll bar hoop. Hopefully it will be on the road soon so hopefully here are a few photos for you. I'm on Instagram as as Rob's Lundy retro
- Attachments
-
- 20220807_175807_HDR.jpg (890.44 KiB) Viewed 6767 times
-
- PXL_20250323_180712427.jpg (2.66 MiB) Viewed 6767 times
-
- PXL_20230312_171304122.MP.jpg (3.65 MiB) Viewed 6767 times
Re: The rebuild
There's definately less of the dreaded brown stuff in the last two pics, which is always a sign of progress in my eyes. I like the unit badge on the rear, takes me back to my younger days in Waterbeach.
Keep the updates coming.
Regards,
Keep the updates coming.
Regards,
For Those That Have Had To Fight for It, Life Has Truly A Flavour The Protected Will Never Know.
'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'
Neil.
09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.
'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'
Neil.
09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.
Re: The rebuild
Many thanks do you know what the symbol stands for? I don't know the lightweights history as it was my uncle's and he brought it from prb services in Leeds who know longer exist.It was a 24v ffr built in 76 but I don't have the military number as the chassis has been replaced as has the engine.So I've converted to 12 volt as recommended by Jake wright in the next village as the wiring was knackered.lve loads of photos but I find this platform difficult to post on its probably me
Re: The rebuild
The badge is for what was known when I was attached to 39 Engineer Regiment, as 12 (Air Support) Brigade Royal Engineers, who's HQ was in Waterbeach. But, had Squadrons spread around various locations, quite a few of which were Territorial units. Due to the massive short sighted cutbacks to the Forces by various Governments over the years, I think the HQ element is now six guys in a shed at the end of the runway at RAF Wittering.
If you don't have the original chassis , or the vehicles Data Plate, but do have the vehicles V5 with a chassis number on it, you should be able to trace the vehicles military history through the RLC Museum Vehicle Archive. I think there is a search fee, and if they do trace it you can purchase the B-Card for it which will give you all the vehicle's information that is entered on it.
Regards,
If you don't have the original chassis , or the vehicles Data Plate, but do have the vehicles V5 with a chassis number on it, you should be able to trace the vehicles military history through the RLC Museum Vehicle Archive. I think there is a search fee, and if they do trace it you can purchase the B-Card for it which will give you all the vehicle's information that is entered on it.
Regards,
For Those That Have Had To Fight for It, Life Has Truly A Flavour The Protected Will Never Know.
'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'
Neil.
09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.
'First my weapon. Then my equipment. Then myself.'
Neil.
09FM98. 1973 Ex SIII FFR Now 3.5 V8 LWT Coiler.
55HG98. 1980 SIII FFR PARA RECCE. Ex 1, 2 and 3 PARA.
Td5 90 XS.