6way master light switch

If you have encountered or solved a problem post here
Post Reply
Brunel
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2024 6:03 pm

6way master light switch

Post by Brunel » Mon Oct 14, 2024 6:23 pm

I'm about to take mine appart - does anyone have any advise or photos?

User avatar
fv1620
Bake Off Judge
Posts: 2268
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:16 pm
Location: GB-CMN (formerly UK91)
Contact:

Re: 6way master light switch

Post by fv1620 » Mon Oct 14, 2024 7:57 pm

Do it on a tray to try to stop the little springs from jumping or rolling away.
Clive Elliott

Collecting military technical publications, researching into military vehicle electrical systems, licensed radio amateur since 1964 using microwave bands for tropospheric scatter.

Brunel
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2024 6:03 pm

Re: 6way master light switch

Post by Brunel » Mon Oct 14, 2024 8:08 pm

fv1620 wrote: ↑
Mon Oct 14, 2024 7:57 pm
Do it on a tray to try to stop the little springs from jumping or rolling away.
Does UTube have a video?

User avatar
fv1620
Bake Off Judge
Posts: 2268
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:16 pm
Location: GB-CMN (formerly UK91)
Contact:

Re: 6way master light switch

Post by fv1620 » Mon Oct 14, 2024 9:02 pm

I've no idea, you'll have to check. The last time I took one of these ghastly switches apart there was no youtube, no internet & no mobile phones.

It was the reassembly that was the ghastly bit, trying to get all those little springs under their triangular copper contacts, holding them there whilst trying to push the whole assemble back together.

Good luck
Clive Elliott

Collecting military technical publications, researching into military vehicle electrical systems, licensed radio amateur since 1964 using microwave bands for tropospheric scatter.

Brunel
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2024 6:03 pm

Re: 6way master light switch

Post by Brunel » Mon Oct 14, 2024 9:14 pm

fv1620 wrote: ↑
Mon Oct 14, 2024 9:02 pm
I've no idea, you'll have to check. The last time I took one of these ghastly switches apart there was no youtube, no internet & no mobile phones.

It was the reassembly that was the ghastly bit, trying to get all those little springs under their triangular copper triangles, holding them there whilst trying to push the whole assemble back together.

Good luck
None of the above makes any sence to me. I'm not an auto sparky. :-) I need YouTube help.

User avatar
Bob Fell
Cake Guru
Posts: 3044
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:17 am
Location: Melton Mowbray

Re: 6way master light switch

Post by Bob Fell » Tue Oct 15, 2024 7:22 pm

Brunel wrote: ↑
Mon Oct 14, 2024 9:14 pm
fv1620 wrote: ↑
Mon Oct 14, 2024 9:02 pm
I've no idea, you'll have to check. The last time I took one of these ghastly switches apart there was no youtube, no internet & no mobile phones.

It was the reassembly that was the ghastly bit, trying to get all those little springs under their triangular copper triangles, holding them there whilst trying to push the whole assemble back together.

Good luck
None of the above makes any sence to me. I'm not an auto sparky. :-) I need YouTube help.
My advice is you buy an NOS or a good used, there's plenty out there.
Seek and you shall find to save yourself a lot of grief.
Cheers
042Bobf


19HF27 Lightweight FFR ex Gurkha Field Force HQ, various Gurkha Sigs Tps and Comp Ord Depot Hong Kong 1980-1997.
42ET39 Narrow Track Sankey ex BAOR 22 & 7 Sig Regts, 16/5 Lancers, 2 RTR, 9/12 Lancers & QDG 1969-2001.

Foz31
Posts: 176
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:10 pm

Re: 6way master light switch

Post by Foz31 » Sun Oct 27, 2024 10:55 am

Exactly what Bob said: my headlamp fuse blow issue was traced to the 6 way switch so I invested in a new one (101parts seemed the cheapest and the only difference is the knob which has a hole for a lock, so I just used my existing knob…and the wire connector spades have smaller holes so I just used M2 bolts and nuts, or you could ream out the holes I guess).

Fixed the issue and also fixed a dodgy intermittent connection on the sidelight setting too.
25HF03 Series III 200Tdi

Post Reply